How to Spend a Rainy Day in Amsterdam
Read MoreShow Less
Rain is part and parcel of daily life in the Dutch capital, but that’s no reason for your plans to be dampened. From museum visits to cultural experiences, here are your best bets for staying dry while making the most of your time in Amsterdam.
- Immerse yourself in Dutch heritage at Amsterdam’sRijksmuseumorVan Gogh Museum, using skip-the-line admission to escape the rain faster, or check out some of the city’s less-crowded, more-bohemian options, such as theHash, Marihuana, andHemp MuseumorFOAM Gallery.
- Keep kids entertained and out of the rain at theNEMO Science Museum. *This Is Hollanduses multisensory technology to fly you right over the Netherlands’ top attractions, without leaving the building—a great way to explore if it’s too wet to wander outside.
- Don’t miss out on seeing the city just because it’s raining—book ahop-on hop-off tourto discover Amsterdam from a dry seat on a closed-top, double-decker bus.
- Experience local culture by getting cozy in anAmsterdam coffee shop, taking a turn around the city’straditional pubs, or sampling plenty of tasters at the formerHeineken Brewery.
- Tuck into local cuisine with an authentic Amsterdam dinner atDe Hallen’s covered food marketor a personalized dining experience in thehome of a local.
1 Tours and Activities | All Amsterdam Tours
Enjoy a multi-sensory experience away from the crowded historic attractions on a visit to THIS IS HOLLAND: The Ultimate Flight Experience, ideal for visitors with limited time. Gain an aerial perspective on a flight simulation ride and discover views of Holland’s rural highlights without having to leave the capital. Learn about the country’s history and geography on 4D adventure that utilizes physical stimulus and special effects for a memorable experience.
Taking safety measures
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff