Suan Sampran (Sampran Riverside)
For a peek into the traditional Thai way of life, some travelers visit Sampran Riverside on a guided day trip. Others stay for a few days.
Participate in a Thai cooking course, using ingredients from the resort’s own organic farm. Or, tour the farm to see how crops like rice and bananas are grown and prepared for sale. If you just want to relax, a massage at the spa—with organic products, of course—is a good option. Round off your day with a riverside dinner in one of the on-site restaurants.
Things to Know Before You Go
Travelers can book a room at the Sampran Riverside hotel, visit as part of a prebooked tour, or buy individual tickets for different activities on-site.
The majority of the resort is accessible to wheelchairs.
A farmers market sells organic produce on weekends.
How to Get There
Sampran Riverside is located 20 miles (32 kilometers) west of Bangkok. To get there, take a taxi, drive, or join a tour with round-trip transport included.
When to Get There
Sampran Riverside is open year-round. The best time to be in Thailand is November to March, when the weather is generally dry and cooler than the sweltering summer months.
Sanam Chandra Palace
Around 15 miles (24 kilometers) west of Sampran Riverside sits Sanam Chandra Palace, a royal palace designed to resemble a European castle, complete with turrets and pointed red-tiled roofs. An incongruous sight on the outskirts of the capital city, the grand buildings were commissioned by Vajiravudh, King Rama VI of Thailand, who ruled in the early 20th century.
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Vientiane
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Amphawa Floating Market
- Tha Kha Floating Market
- Maeklong Railway Market
- Bridge on the River Kwai
- Taling Chan Floating Market
- Temple of the Dawn (Wat Arun)
- Wat Kalayanamit
- National Museum of Royal Barges
- Asiatique The Riverfront
- Calypso Cabaret
- Temple of the Reclining Buddha (Wat Pho)
- Princess Mother Memorial Park (Suan Somdet Ya)
- Grand Palace
- Temple of the Emerald Buddha (Wat Phra Kaew)