Vimanmek Mansion Tours and Activities
A part of the Dusit Palace Complex in Bangkok, the Vimanmek Mansion is former royal palace built by King Rama V at the beginning of the 20th century and the largest building in the world built using only golden teak.
Recently renovated by Queen Sirikit into a museum honoring the departed King, many rooms of the mansion remain untouched and are still adorned with furniture and other antiques from its early design.
Visitors can now take guided tours through the mansion grounds and see the work of several national artists of the time and even old portraits of the royal family. Open on most days, the mansion often holds traditional dances and sometimes state functions. The mansion is located near the National Assembly on Ratchawithi Road.
Please note Vimanmek Mansion is currently closed indefinitely for renovation.
Tours and Activities to Experience Vimanmek Mansion
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Hua Hin
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Koh Tao
- Things to do in Ko Pha Ngan
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Sihanoukville
- Things to do in Vientiane
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Phnom Penh
- Things to do in Gulf of Thailand
- Things to do in South Coast
- Things to do in Northern Thailand