Summer Palace Cruises in Beijing
Kunming Lake occupies about three-fourths of Beijing's Summer Palace complex, and during warm months, this man-made lake sets the scene for relaxing cruises through its waters. Here's what you need to know about Summer Palace cruises in Beijing.
Cruise the Imperial Waterway once used by the Empress Dowager Cixi to travel between the Summer Palace and Zizhuyuan Park.
Take in the sites from a traditional canopied dragon boat.
See the lake's most important attractions—including the Marble Boat, Longevity Hill, 17 Arch Bridge, South Lake Island, and Kuoru Pavilion—from the water.
Things to Know
You can combine your Summer Palace cruise with a tour to other important Beijing attractions, such as the Forbidden City, the Beijing Zoo, and Tiananmen Square.
The boat ride from Zizhuyuan Park to the Summer Palace takes about 40 minutes.
Day tours that include a dragon boat cruise on Kunming Lake and visits to other Beijing sights can last upwards of seven hours.
- Beijing Suggested Itineraries
- Beijing Cuisine
- Climb the Great Wall
- Acrobatic Shows
- Beijing Temples
- Summer Palace Cruises in Beijing
- Exploring the Hutongs of Beijing
- How to Spend 3 Days in Beijing
- Know Before You Go: Visiting the Great Wall of China
- Guide to Climbing the Great Wall of China
- How to Spend 1 Day in Beijing
- Food Lover's Guide to Beijing