Banyan Drive is located directly off downtown Hilo’s main drag, Kamehameha Avenue. It’s the second left turn over the bridge after Bayfront Park as you’re heading toward the airport, and across from the popular Ken’s House of Pancakes. You can also access it via Lihiwai Street. The Hilo Seaside Hotel, the Hilo Naniloa and the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel are all set along Banyan Drive, which forms a loop that also holds access to Coconut Island and the Liliuokalani Gardens. The loop’s interior encloses the Naniloa Volcanoes Golf Club and it’s said that trees on the course grounds may have also had famous planters, though they do not bear plaques.
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer