Two days provides time for sightseeing in the historic center, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and exploring the surrounding wine regions. Here’s how to spend the perfect two days in Bordeaux.
Porte Cailhau is located on Place du Palais in central historic Bordeaux. It can by reached by public transit from Place du Palais tram station on line A and Porte de Bourgogne on line C; although it is not advised to get to the historic center of Bordeaux by car, there is paid underground parking at Bourse-Jean Jaurès. The entrance is on Quai du Maréchal Lyautey. The small exhibition is open daily (except January 1st) from 10am to 12pm, and from 1pm to 6pm.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the nearest attractions to Porte Cailhau?
What else should I know about attractions in Bordeaux?
- Things to do in Aquitaine
- Things to do in San Sebastian
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Bilbao
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in Santander
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Montpellier
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Lyon
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Midi-Pyrénées
- Things to do in Basque Country
- Porte de Bourgogne
- Place de la Bourse (Place Royale)
- Pont de Pierre
- Port of Bordeaux
- Grosse Cloche
- Basilica of St. Michael (Basilique St. Michel)
- Rue Sainte-Catherine
- Museum of Aquitaine (Musée d'Aquitaine)
- Quai Louis XVIII
- Grand Theatre
- Bordeaux Hôtel de Ville (Palais Rohan)
- Bordeaux Cathedral (Cathédrale St. André)
- Port of the Moon (Port de la Lune)
- Girondins Monument (Monument aux Girondins)
- Quinconces Square (Place des Quinconces)