Brisbane City Hall Tours and Activities
Admire historical glamor and civic pride at Brisbane City Hall, which was built between 1920 and 1930 and reopened in 2013 after an extensive $215 million heritage restoration.
Located in the heart of the city, next to King George Square and close to Queen Street Mall, the heritage-listed Brisbane City Hall is Australia’s only city hall and is the home of Brisbane society, culture and governance. As well as hosting community events and civic ceremonies, Brisbane City Hall accommodates the Brisbane Lord Mayor, Deputy Mayor, Brisbane Council chambers and the world-class Museum of Brisbane.
The gem of City Hall is the stunning circular auditorium, with an impressive fluted Corinthian pilasters, overhead dome, an organ built in 1892, restored gallery seating and gilded elegance. A tour of the marble halls, auditorium and 70 metre tall clock tower is a Brisbane tourism must, followed by an indulgent serve of tea and cake at the locally-loved Shingle Inn café, which is located within City Hall.
Tours and Activities to Experience Brisbane City Hall
Frequently Asked Questions
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in North Island