Roma Street Parkland Tours and Activities
On a hill overlooking Brisbane City, you will find a sprawling garden oasis known as Roma Street Parkland. This subtropical parkland boasts bamboo thickets, sunny picnic patches, calming waterways and meandering paths through botanical bliss.
The happy result is an inner-city retreat that can whisk you into another world, despite being only a few minutes’ walk from the central bustling business district and Brisbane Transit Centre.
Designed and realised by Australian gardening celebrity, the late Colin Campbell of the ABC’sGardening Australia, Roma Street Parkland was established in 2001 as a horticultural wonderland, using the former goods yard for the adjacent train station. Since opening, the parkland has become a popular outdoor space, hosting entertainment events in the natural amphitheatre at the top of the park, as well as festivals and other recreational events.
Free guided tours are offered to show visitors around the Australian subtropical gardens and distinct globe-inspired horticultural displays. Between Friday and Sunday, a mini train, known as the Parkland Explorer, runs from 10am to 3pm for a gold coin contribution.
Tours and Activities to Experience Roma Street Parkland
Frequently Asked Questions
- Brisbane Segway Sightseeing Tour
- Brisbane City - Private Helicopter Sunset Flight - 25min
- Private Helicopter Scenic Tour of Brisbane - 25min
- Best of Brisbane
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in Gold Coast
- Things to do in Noosa & Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Byron Bay
- Things to do in Rainbow Beach
- Things to do in Hervey Bay
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Tasmania