National Library Tours and Tickets
Located in a quiet corner of Recoleta, the Argentine National Library is the largest library in the country and one of the most important in South America. In a city like Buenos Aires, famous for its belle epoch architecture, the National Library stands out as one of the best examples of contemporary architecture in the country.
The Brutalist structure was the work of architect Clorindo Testa, winner of a design contest staged in the early 1960s. Construction of the library wouldn’t begin until a decade later, and it wasn’t until 1992 that the completed library was inaugurated.
Visitors access the public library through a small, grassy reading garden. Inside, the collection is available to the public. The view from the top floor of the library is worth a look, and there are often special exhibitions on display within the building.
Tours and Activities to Experience National Library
- Buenos Aires National Museum of Fine Arts (Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes)
- Recoleta Cemetery (Cemiterio de Recoleta)
- Basílica de Nuestra Señora del Pilar
- Palais de Glace
- Barrio Norte
- Latin American Art Museum of Buenos Aires (Museo de Arte Lationoamericano de Buenos Aires, MALBA)
- Parque Tres de Febrero (Bosques de Palermo)
- Evita Peron Museum (Museo Evita)
- Buenos Aires Botanical Garden (Jardin Botanico Carlos Thays)
- Galileo Galilei Planetarium (Planetario Galileo Galilei)
- El Viejo Almacen de Buenos Aires
- Plaza Italia
- Jewish Museum of Buenos Aires (El Museo Judío de Buenos Aires )