Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
Summer in Cairns is hot and humid. It’s also the region’s wet season, with increased rainfall building up around December and continuing through February. Nevertheless, there’s still plenty to appeal—and lots of options for staying dry. Here are a few ways to experience this tropical city in summer.
- Discover Cairns-area attractions, including the waterfront and St. Monica's Cathedral, on acity sightseeing tour.
- Soar over the Great Barrier Reef and the city’s sparkling beaches on ascenic helicopter tour.
- Cool off in the water on aGreat Barrier Reef snorkeling and diving cruise.
- Explore the rain forest that defines the Wet Tropics of Queensland on atour to Daintree National Park.
- Experience the natural wonders of Queensland’s Atherton Tablelands, and cool off in its waterfalls, on aguided tour.
- Learn about the indigenous Tjapukai people during an enthrallingcultural show and dinner.
- Enjoy the cool breeze off the water as you sail along Trinity Inlet on asunset dinner cruise.
- See snapping crocs in action on a tour toHartley’s Crocodile Adventures.
- Experience the fun and thrills of awhite-water rafting tripon the Barron River.
- Explore the underwater world without getting wet atCairns Aquarium.
5 Tours and Activities | All Cairns & the Tropical North Tours
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter