Things to Do in Cairns This Winter
The cooler-than-typical temperatures and low humidity make winter (June to August) the peak tourist season in Cairns. Temperatures typically range from 63℉ to 78°F (17℃–26°C), and there is little rainfall. Here are a few ways to experience Cairns in winter—one of the best times to visit.
- Take advantage of the later sunrise and get a bird’s-eye view of Tropical North Queensland on a hot-air-balloon flight.
- Discover the Great Barrier Reef’s tropical marine life on a snorkeling cruise.
- Enjoy comfortable winter temperatures on the area’s best beaches.
- Soar over the reef and the northern beaches on a scenic helicopter tour.
- Make the most of the low humidity on a guided rain-forest walk.
- On a self-guided audio tour, enjoy the cool temperatures and explore the city at your own pace.
- Learn about Aboriginal cultural with a visit to Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park.
- Stroll around the tropical paradise of Cairns Botanical Gardens.
- Visit Kuranda Koala Gardens and Birdworld to meet adorable native wildlife.
- Soak up harbor views and enjoy a sumptuous buffet on a sunset dinner cruise.
- Things to Do in Cairns with Kids
- Romantic Things to Do in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 2 Days in Cairns
- Things to Do in Cairns This Summer
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Cairns and the Tropical North
- How to Spend 3 Days in Cairns & the Tropical North
- Things to Do in Cairns This Winter