Garrafon Natural Reef Park
Garrafon Natural Reef Park offers more than 20 land- and water-based activities. Strap yourself into a harness and glide through the air on a zipline, explore the island by bike, hike to an ancient Maya temple, or relax in a lounge chair by the beach. Or take a dip in the clear Caribbean Sea, kayak, snorkel, or swim with dolphins.
Most tours of Garrafon Natural Reef Park leave from Cancun and include pickup and drop-off from local hotels. Basic ticket packages include buffet lunch, snorkel equipment, life jackets, kayaks, hammocks, pool entry, and ziplining. Upgraded packages include add-ons such as an open bar, VIP lounge access, and gourmet meals.
Things to Know Before You Go
Garrafon Natural Reef Park is ideal for nature lovers and thrill seekers.
Remember to bring sun protection and a swimsuit.
Visitor facilities include lockers, restrooms, restaurants, and a bar.
Reservations for activities at the park are highly recommended.
How to Get There
Garrafon Natural Reef Park is located on the southern point of Isla Mujeres, an island roughly 30 minutes by ferry from Cancun on Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula. Some tours include roundtrip transportation, but you can also travel by taxi or rental car.
When to Get There
The park is busiest from December through April, when the weather tends to be sunny and warm. There are fewer crowds during hurricane season (May through October), but be sure to check the weather for storms.
Must-do Experiences at Garrafon Natural Reef Park
Ideal for nature lovers and families with kids, Dolphin Discovery allows you to swim with these friendly marine mammals, as well as sea lions, manatees, sharks, and stingrays. For a more laid-back experience, the park’s infinity pool offers panoramic views of the Caribbean Sea and Cancun bay. The park’s zipline which, allows you to cruise through the air at almost 100 feet (30.5 meters) above sea level, is another must-do.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Cave of the Sleeping Sharks
- Kin Ha Water Park (Balneario Kin Ha)
- Playa Norte (North Beach)
- Isla Mujeres
- Mandala Cancun Nightclub
- Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
- Captain Hook Cancun
- Cancun Scenic Tower (Torre Escénica)
- Palapas Park (Parque Las Palapas)
- Cancun Christ the King Church (Iglesia de Cristo Rey)
- El Rey Archaeological Zone (Zona Arqueológica El Rey)
- La Isla Shopping Village
- Cancun Wax Museum (Museo de Cera Cancún)
- Cenote Nohoch Nah Chich
- Interactive Aquarium Cancun