Circular Congregational Church
The Circular Congregational Church is one of the oldest continuously worshipping churches in the United States of America. English Congregationalists, Scots Presbyterians, and French Huguenots came together in a spirit of diversity and liberality to erect this impressive architectural structure, built round to represent and hold an open meeting place with a free-flowing exchange of ideas. This meeting house helped to define the young “Charles Towne” and early on this street was known as Meeting House Street, later shortened to simply “Meeting Street,” where the church, to this day, still stands.
Founded in 1681 along with city of Charleston, the Circular Church, in this way, acts as a partner with the Charleston Museum to house some of greatest wealth of Colonial America’s history. With its own ripe history including its efforts to promote tolerance and understanding, its years in exile, and the extensive and ancient graveyard art, to this day, the Circular Congregational Church of Charleston acts as a gathering place for Congregationalists and history lovers alike.
Circular Congregational Church Tours
What are Circular Congregational Church hours of operation?
Should I book Circular Congregational Church tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Circular Congregational Church 2021?
What's the best way to experience Circular Congregational Church?
- Haunted Evening Horse and Carriage Tour of Charleston
- Historic Colonial Charles Towne Evening Carriage Tour
- Charleston Ghost & Graveyard Night-Time Guided Walking Tour
- Charleston Boo Hag & Brews Walking Ghost and Bar Tour
Things to do near Charleston
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in Savannah
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Florida