Chicago Cultural Center
The Chicago Cultural Center is the highlight of many Chicago architecture tours. Choose between river cruises or walking tours of Chicago’s architectural treasures. You can also explore the center’s architecture on a self-guided tour or take the center’s free afternoon tour. Art exhibits are featured year-round in the center’s four galleries and lunchtime concerts are offered frequently during weekdays.
Things to Know Before You Go
- A must-see for architecture buffs and arts and culture lovers.
- Wi-Fi is available in public locations in the center.
- Art exhibits, concerts, and guided tours are free at the Chicago Cultural Center.
- The Randolph Street entrance is wheelchair accessible and wheelchairs are available for rent in the center lobby.
How to Get There
The Chicago Cultural Center is located on 78 East Washington Street in downtown Chicago near Millennium Park. Take the Red Line subway to the Lake stop or the Blue Line to the Washington stop and arrive within a few minutes walk of the center. The Chicago Cultural Center is also easily accessed by public bus, taxi, rideshare, or bike. Pay parking is available in the Millennium Park Garage.
When to Get There
The Chicago Cultural Center is open to the public Monday through Friday from 10am to 7pm and Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 5pm. Free building tours are offered Wednesdays through Saturdays at 1:15pm. Slots book up fast for the free tour, so arrive early to guarantee your spot.
Chicago Cultural Center Architectural Highlights
The center was designed in the Classical Revival style, taking inspiration from the architectural forms of ancient Greece and Rome. Made from 30,000 individual pieces of glass, the Tiffany dome in Preston Bradley Hall is the world’s largest and one of the center’s must sees. The Sidney R. Yates Gallery is a replica of Doge’s Palace in Venice and the marble used in the main entrance mosaics was taken from the same quarries used by Michelangelo. The curved stairway in the Randolph Street entrance is also not to be missed.
- Things to do in Illinois
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Duluth
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Niagara Falls & Around
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Branson
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Minnesota
- Things to do in Ontario
- Things to do in Missouri