My Khe Beach
My Khe Beach is towards the northern end of the longer sweep of coastline that runs from the Son Tra Peninsula in the north to near Hoi An in the south. It’s popular because of its convenient location near Da Nang, but also because it’s very clean and kept in good condition. There are accommodation options near the beach—including resorts, for those wanting a scenic place to stay in Da Nang. Many travelers to Da Nang visit the beach independently, but some guided tours in the area stop here on the way to/from Hoi An, or in conjunction with a visit to the Marble Mountain.
Things to know before you go
- Don’t worry if you haven’t packed some items of beach clothing, as there are lots of shops nearby.
- Shaded chairs can be rented on the beach.
- Fine dining and spa treatments are available from high-end resorts along the beach.
How to get there
My Khe Beach is only around 3 miles (5 kilometers) from Da Nang city, so it’s quick and easy to reach by taxi. Local buses do ply this route, but the journey takes about an hour, so much longer than it does by taxi.
When to get there
Sunsets are especially impressive at My Khe Beach, so try to stay until the early evening to witness this. Conditions are best between May and October, when the weather is generally warm and clear. For surfers, September is an ideal time to visit, as the size of the waves increases.
Visible from My Khe Beach are the Marble Mountains, just south of the city. These marble and limestone hills appear to rise out of nowhere and are dotted with caves, tunnels, Buddhist sanctuaries, and walking trails. They’re just 4.5 miles (7.5 kilometers) from the beach, and are an ideal day trip, for a change of scenery.
- Things to do in Central Vietnam
- Things to do in My Son
- Things to do in Hoi An
- Things to do in Hue
- Things to do in Sanya
- Things to do in Nha Trang
- Things to do in Siem Reap
- Things to do in Angkor Wat
- Things to do in Halong Bay
- Things to do in Can Tho
- Things to do in Krong Kaeb
- Things to do in Nanning
- Things to do in Ko Chang
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta