Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave Tours and Activities
The final resting place of Wild West showman extraordinaire William “Buffalo Bill” Cody sits atop Lookout Mountain on the outskirts of Golden, Colorado, where grave marker itself overlooks a panoramic view of the Rock Mountains. Since Cody’s burial here in 1917, which had some 20,000 fans in attendance, the mountain attraction has also grown to include a museum devoted to his life.
The 3,000-square-foot museum is a family-friendly roadside attraction with a variety of permanent and rotating exhibits documenting his life and legend. See rare historical artifacts, including one of Cody’s Stetson hats and a peace pipe from Sitting Bull. Other exhibits include a display of Wild West guns and a Kid’s Cowboy Corral, where children can design their own brand and learn to throw a lasso.
Tours and Activities to Experience Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave
Frequently Asked Questions
- Foothills Explorer Tour From Denver
- Foothills Explorer Tour from Denver
- Private Tour of Denver, Red Rocks Park and the foothills close to Denver.
- Small-Group Half-Day Tour Foothills of the Rockies from Denver
- Things to do in Colorado
- Things to do in Fort Collins
- Things to do in Breckenridge
- Things to do in Colorado Springs
- Things to do in Vail
- Things to do in Aspen
- Things to do in Albuquerque
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in Las Vegas
- Things to do in Utah
- Things to do in New Mexico
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in Missouri