Christ Church Cathedral
One of the oldest buildings in Dublin, Christ Church Cathedral is located in the former medieval heart of the city. Founded in 1030 by Sitric, King of the Dublin Norsemen, the grand cathedral (also known as The Cathedral of the Holy Trinity) has long been a place of pilgrimage for Ireland's devout. Incorporated into the Irish Church in 1152, today it's the seat of both the Church of Ireland and Roman Catholic archbishops of Dublin.
Renowned for its design, on a one-hour tour you'll get to explore the interior, keeping a look out for its famous stained glass windows, the smaller chapels behind the main altar, and the secret underground floor. You'll get an insight into the history of the cathedral, and hear the strange tale of the mummified cat and rat. You'll visit the crypt — one of the largest and oldest in Britain and Ireland, and also get to have a go at ringing the bells of Christ Church Cathedral in the belfry.
Ways to experience Christ Church Cathedral
Browse. Filter. Book
Should I book Christ Church Cathedral tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Christ Church Cathedral 2020?
What's the best way to experience Christ Church Cathedral?
- City Sightseeing Dublin Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Skip the Line: Dublin Christ Church Cathedral Admission Ticket
- Dublin: Skip-the-Line St Patrick's Cathedral & Irish Literary Tour
- Big Bus Dublin Open-top, Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Tour
Things to do near Dublin
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Galway
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Londonderry
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in Cork
- Things to do in Blackpool
- Things to do in Cobh
- Things to do in Killarney
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Cardiff
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in South West Ireland