Top Florence Kid-Friendly
- Take a designed-for-kids tour of the Uffizi Gallery, where your family can admire the collection’s masterpieces with a guide who knows how to highlight the most engaging works by Michelangelo, Leonardo, and others.
- Ride the carousel in Piazza della Repubblica to break up art- and culture-heavy Florence with a bit of old-fashioned fun. This traffic-free square is a good place to let little ones blow off a bit of steam.
- Skip the line to see the David so your kids aren’t already tired before even entering the Accademia Gallery. Booking priority-access tickets to the popular museum is a must for families.
- Explore the historic center of Florence on a treasure hunt, taking in the city’s top attractions with a tour guide while following clues to lead your family through the streets and squares.
- Float down the Arno River on a traditional wooden boat to take in the city from the water, passing under the Ponte Vecchio and along the palazzo-lined banks.
- Stroll through the Boboli Gardens behind Palazzo Pitti, the most beautiful park in Florence and a welcome respite from the crowded city center. Wander the paths past lawns and flower beds to fountains and pavilions.
- Taste Florence’s traditional dishes on a family food tour that takes a turn through a bustling outdoor market and includes samples of street food, pastries, and—of course—gelato.
- Bond in the kitchen during a family-friendly cooking class where both parents and kids can learn how to make classic Tuscan dishes before sitting down to dine on the fruits of their labor together.
18 results | All Florence Tours
* A traveler said: "Another excellent tour with my 3 children ages 12, 15?and 10. Viator helped make our trip to Rome Florence and Venice great. We took tours with Viator in every city we visited"
* A traveler said: "We took this tour with Giovanna and she was amazing. She interacted beautifully with my 3 and 7 year old. They would have been bored to tears without her. She did a great job engaging them while also speaking about what we saw to my husband and me. This was worth every penny."
* A traveler said: "This tour was great! We ended up being the only couple to book on this particular morning (it was raining that day) so we basically had a private tour of Florence. It was a great way to see the city!"
* A traveler said: "It was our first time on a segway. The intro was easy and we did great! Excellent quick tour of Florence. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "Highly recommend this beautiful view of Florence. The tickets were easy to pick up and the tour started promptly."
* A traveler said: "Our favorite church with beautiful stain glass and decorated ceiling. Courtyard outside was a nice surprise. We only had to wait a few minutes."
* A traveler said: "We enjoyed a most informative and enlightening tour. Our guide had such an understanding of the amazing art and history - we loved this tour. Highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "Our guide, Jenny, was wonderful- so knowledgeable, engaging, enthusiastic and friendly. I was so glad I booked a tour rather than wandering through aimlessly on my own - there is so much that I would have missed."
* A traveler said: "Amazing experience, loved the palace and our guide Alla, was fabulous. Could not recommended highly enough. A must- do experience in Florence."
* A traveler said: "This masterclass is wonderful immersion in history of perfumery and world of scents! You will get to know a story of the brand Antica Erboristeria San Simone (since 1700!) and create your very own perfume in elegant 50 ml bottle. Much gratitude to Dr. Fernanda and Debra (translator from italian to english) for unforgettable experience in the heart of magnificent Florence!"
* A traveler said: "Loved the experience! The kids loved the interactive part of the museum. Very well laid out and planned. Very interesting."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was very engaging and informative for all ages. Our guide not only explained the art itself but the periods as well which gave us a better understanding. Highly recommend!"
* A traveler said: "This tour is great for the whole family - from our 7 year old son to our 20 year old! We all had so much fun with Julia! Highly recommend this tour for families - you get a lot of history with a lot of fun!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardiano di Vinci)
- Medici Chapels
- Bardini Gardens (Giardino Bardini)
- Bargello Museum (Museo Nazionale del Bargello)
- Basilica of Santa Maria Novella
- Basilica of San Lorenzo (Basilica di San Lorenzo)
- Barberino Designer Outlet
- Brancacci Chapel (Cappella Brancacci)
- Fountain of Neptune
- Buontalenti Grotto (Grotta del Buontalenti)
- Piazza di Santa Maria Novella
- Sant'Ambrogio Market (Mercato di Sant'Ambrogio)
- Pharmacy of Santa Maria Novella
- Hard Rock Cafe Florence
- Florence Santa Croce Basilica (Basilica di Santa Croce)
- Palazzo Strozzi
- Medici Riccardi Palace (Palazzo Medici Riccardi)
- Pitti Palace (Palazzo Pitti)
- Great Synagogue of Florence (Tempio Maggiore)
- Florence Central Market (Mercato Centrale)
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Things to do in Chianti
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Livorno
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Modena
- Things to do in Ravenna
- Things to do in Ferrara
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Rome
- Things to do in Emilia-Romagna
- Things to do in Umbria
Day Trips from Florence
- Florence to Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Florence to Rome
- Florence to Venice
- Florence to Bologna
- Florence to Turin
- Florence to Val d'Orcia
- Florence to Vernazza
- Florence to Umbria
- Florence to Livorno
- Florence to Lucca
- Florence to Arezzo
- Florence to Orvieto
- Florence to The Mall Luxury Outlets
- Florence to Assisi
- Florence to Montepulciano
- Florence to San Gimignano
- Florence to La Spezia
- Florence to Maranello