David Livingstone Centre Tours and Activities
Glasgow’s David Livingstone Centre is devoted to the famous Scottish explorer and missionary who opened up interior Africa over 150 years ago. A biographical museum dedicated to his life and work, the center is housed in Shuttle Row where Livingstone was born and raised in poverty with 23 other families back in the early 19th century.
At the museum you’ll see many items related to Livingstone’s Africa explorations, including journals, letters, navigational equipment, and dioramas of significant moments in his travels.
The David Livingstone Centre is set in 20 acres of parkland overlooking the River Clyde, so after a visit to the museum it’s popular to take a walk through the woods along the Clyde Walkway and along to Bothwell Castle.
Please note The David Livingstone Centre is currently closed for renovation. The reopening is scheduled for 2020.
Tours and Activities to Experience David Livingstone Centre
No results found.How about something else?See all Glasgow tours
- Things to do in Stirling
- Things to do in Edinburgh
- Things to do in Belfast
- Things to do in Inverness
- Things to do in Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- Things to do in Middlesbrough
- Things to do in Liverpool
- Things to do in York
- Things to do in Manchester
- Things to do in Birmingham
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in The Scottish Highlands
- Things to do in North East England
- Things to do in North West England