Maritime Museum of Tasmania
Hobart’s heart lies on the sea, and as an island Tasmania’s history is inextricably bound to the water.
If you’d like to learn more about Tasmania’s maritime history, the Maritime Museum of Tasmania provides all the answers.
You’ll see models of the ships that docked at Sullivans Cove, hear the stories of the men who sailed in them, learn about Australia’s first explorers and see the navigational instruments they used.
The watercraft of Tasmania’s original inhabitants, the Aborigines, are also displayed, along with artifacts rescued from shipwrecks, photographs, paintings and whaling equipment.
Maritime Museum of Tasmania Tours
What are Maritime Museum of Tasmania hours of operation?
Should I book Maritime Museum of Tasmania tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Maritime Museum of Tasmania 2021?
What's the best way to experience Maritime Museum of Tasmania?
- Hobart Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour & Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
- Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus & Cascade Brewery Tour
- Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus & kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour
Things to do near Hobart
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Seven Mile Beach
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Phillip Island
- Things to do in Mornington Peninsula
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island