Maritime Museum of Tasmania Tours and Activities
Hobart’s heart lies on the sea, and as an island Tasmania’s history is inextricably bound to the water.
If you’d like to learn more about Tasmania’s maritime history, the Maritime Museum of Tasmania provides all the answers.
You’ll see models of the ships that docked at Sullivans Cove, hear the stories of the men who sailed in them, learn about Australia’s first explorers and see the navigational instruments they used.
The watercraft of Tasmania’s original inhabitants, the Aborigines, are also displayed, along with artifacts rescued from shipwrecks, photographs, paintings and whaling equipment.
The Maritime Museum of Tasmania is in the Carnegie Building, a block back from the harbor on Argyle Street in the city center.
4 Tours and Activities to Experience Maritime Museum of Tasmania
Frequently Asked Questions
- Hobart Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour
- Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour & Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
- Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus & Cascade Brewery Tour
- Hobart Hop-On Hop-Off Bus & kunanyi/Mt Wellington Tour
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in Port Arthur
- Things to do in Burnie
- Things to do in Great Ocean Road
- Things to do in Melbourne
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in South Island
- Things to do in Queensland