Court Church (Hofkirche)
As well as admiring the cenotaph, with its lavish marble sarcophagus and 28 life-size bronze statues, visitors to the Court Church can explore the Silver Chapel, named for the silver statue of the Virgin Mary on the altar; see the church’s 16th-century gilded organ; enjoy a multimedia exhibition about Maximilian I; and browse the exhibits at the adjoining Tyrolean Folk Art Museum.
A visit to the Court Church is a popular inclusion on Innsbruck city tours, and most walking tours of the Old Town include at least a photo stop at the historic church.
Things to Know Before You Go
Choose between a single admission ticket (church only) or a combination ticket that also grants access to the Tyrolean Folk Art Museum.
Admission is included with the Innsbruck Card.
Audio guides are available in multiple languages including English.
The church is wheelchair-accessible.
How to Get There
The Hofkirche is located in Innsbruck Old Town, a short stroll from the Hofburg Imperial Palace and the Golden Roof. It’s about a 10-minute walk from Innsbruck train station.
When to Get There
The church is open to visitors Monday to Saturday from morning to late afternoon and from midday to late afternoon on Sundays. The church can fill up with tour groups in the late morning and early afternoon, especially in July and August—consider visiting outside of these times if you want to avoid the crowds.
Innsbruck Old Town
The Court Church is one of a number of historic attractions in Innsbruck’s Old Town. Combine a visit to the church with a tour of the neighboring Hofburg Imperial Palace, a photo stop at the striking Golden Roof and Helbling House along Herzog-Friedrich-Strasse, and a visit to the Tyrolean State Museum. Other notable highlights include the 18th-century Cathedral of St. James, the Stadtturm watch tower, and the beautiful buildings along Maria-Theresien Strasse.
- Things to do in Austrian Alps
- Things to do in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Things to do in Munich
- Things to do in Davos
- Things to do in Salzburg
- Things to do in Hallstatt
- Things to do in Treviso
- Things to do in Vicenza
- Things to do in Verona
- Things to do in Venice
- Things to do in Zurich
- Things to do in Lucerne
- Things to do in Nuremberg
- Things to do in Veneto
- Things to do in Bavaria
- Imperial Palace (Hofburg)
- Innsbruck City Tower (Stadtturm)
- Golden Roof (Goldenes Dachl)
- Tyrolean State Museum Ferdinandeum (Tiroler Landesmuseum)
- Hungerburg Railway (Hungerburgbahn)
- Maria Theresien Street (Maria-Theresien-Strasse)
- Audioversum Science Center
- Alpine Zoo Innsbruck (Alpenzoo Innsbruck)
- Bergisel Ski Jump
- Ambras Castle (Schloss Ambras Innsbruck)
- Hafelekar Mountain (Hafelekarspitze)
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds (Swarovski Kristallwelten)
- Tratzberg Castle (Schloss Tratzberg)