Sabah Museum (Sabah State Museum) Tours and Activities
Located within easy reach of Kota Kinabalu city center, the Sabah Museum (Sabah State Museum) is a comprehensive museum exploring the heritage, art, culture, and daily life of Sabah and its people.
The museum is made up of the main building, along with galleries exhibiting the various themes, including the Science and Education Center, the Heritage Village, the Sabah Art Gallery and the Museum of Islamic Civilization. Natural history, ceramics, ethnography and archaeology are among the many displays, along with a centerpiece whale skeleton.
The Heritage Village features traditional tribal dwellings of the different indigenous groups of Sabah set on a lake, including Kadazan bamboo houses and a Chinese farmhouse, all set on a lake. The Science and Education Center next door has an interesting exhibition on the petroleum industry, while the the Sabah Art Gallery features exhibitions by local artists.
Tours and Activities to Experience Sabah Museum (Sabah State Museum)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Kota Kinabalu Half-Day City Tour
- Private Half Day Kota Kinabalu City Tour
- Half-Day, Small-Group Kota Kinabalu City Tour ( min 4 pax )
- Kota Kinabalu City Day Tour & Filipino Market Shopping
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Sandakan
- Things to do in Puerto Princesa
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Boracay
- Things to do in Panay Island
- Things to do in Cebu
- Things to do in Palawan
- Things to do in Visayas
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in Central Vietnam