Three days in Kota Kinabalu means you can enjoy most of the highlights in the area, including the beaches and islands, wildlife, culture, and outdoor recreation. Here are a few ways to make the most of your 3-day journey.
Sabah State Mosque (Masjid Negeri Sabah)
Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman
You can go inside the Sabah State Mosque, though a strict code of conduct is rigidly enforced; you must declare their presence and intention to enter the mosque and must do so through the front door only.
Visit the mosque as part of a Kota Kinabalu sightseeing tour, which transport you between top city sights with ease and let you skip the hassle of car hire. Tours typically tick off the Signal Hill Observatory Platform and Sabah State Museum, which offers insight into the history and culture of the region.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Sabah State Mosque is a must-visit for architecture buffs and travelers with an interest in Muslim culture.
- Men are required to wear long pants when entering the mosque while women must cover up with a robe and wear a headscarf.
- Shoes are not permitted inside the mosque and absolute silence is compulsory.
How to Get There
The mosque is centrally located at Jalan Tunku Abdul Raman, which is a 10-minute drive from Kota Kinabalu International Airport. The easiest way to arrive is by taxi, which are offered at economical rates from central KK.
When to Get There
The mosque is open Monday-Thursday and Saturday-Sunday between 8am-12pm and 2pm-5pm. Though the mosque is open on Fridays between 2pm and 5pm, you are discouraged from visiting if you're not there to pray due to Friday being the day of prayer for muslims.
The Other Mosque Kota Kinabalu is home to not one but two major mosques, with the other being Kota Kinabalu City Mosque, otherwise known as the Floating Mosque due to the illusion created by the man-made lagoon beneath the landmark. The mosque is best visited at night when its illuminated and the reflection looks most magical.
- Things to do in Sabah
- Things to do in Sandakan
- Things to do in Puerto Princesa
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Boracay
- Things to do in Panay Island
- Things to do in Cebu
- Things to do in Palawan
- Things to do in Visayas
- Things to do in Southern Vietnam
- Things to do in Mekong Delta
- Things to do in Central Vietnam