Kuala Lumpur Bird Park (Taman Burung Kuala Lumpur))
Throughout the day, Kuala Lumpur Bird Park invites visitors to watch bird shows and hourly feeding times. A visit to the park typically lasts an hour, leaving plenty of time to check out other nearby attractions on the same day. Typically, tours that visit Kuala Lumpur Bird Park also include a stop at Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park and the Orchid Garden, both of which are reachable via a short stroll through Perdana Botanical Garden.
Things to Know Before You Go
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is a must-see for nature lovers and birds enthusiasts.
With some steep hills and many steps, the bird park isn’t wheelchair accessible.
Be sure to visit a feeding point to watch different birds eat.
Combine the bird park with a visit to the Butterfly Park and Orchid Garden.
How to Get There
The Kuala Lumpur Bird Park is located in the Perdana Botanical Garden, in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. To get there by train, hop off at Kuala Lumpur central station, a 5-minute walk from the park. Alternatively, most of KL’s hop-on hop-off bus tours go past the park. If you want to visit the National Mosque before or after, that’s a short 10-minute walk from the bird park.
When to Get There
As with many of Kuala Lumpur’s top attractions, the early morning is the best time to visit the bird park: With far fewer crowds, you’ll feel like you have to expansive bird park all to yourself. If you want to catch one of the bird shows, you should arrive around lunchtime to secure a spot.
Delve Deeper into Malaysia’s Natural Heritage
If you want to discover more of Malaysia’s natural biodiversity, take a day trip from Kuala Lumpur to Taman Negara, the largest national park in the country. With luck, you’ll spot monkeys, deer, and exotic birds.
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Medan
- Things to do in Langkawi
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuching
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- King's Palace (Istana Negara)
- Kuala Lumpur National Monument (Tugu Negara)
- Templer Park
- Perdana Botanical Garden (Lake Gardens)
- Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park
- Port Klang (Kuala Lumpur Cruise Port)
- National Museum
- Islamic Arts Museum Malaysia
- Merdeka Square (Dataran Merdeka)
- Kuala Lumpur City Gallery
- National Mosque of Malaysia (Masjid Negara)
- Sultan Abdul Samad Building (Bangunan Sultan Abdul Samad)
- Kuala Lumpur Railway Station
- Kuala Lumpur Little India (Jalan Masjid India)
- Jamek Mosque (Masjid Jamek)