For classic Kyoto in a nutshell, head to Arashiyama Park. The perennially popular area is rich in temples and a riot of fall colors in November, with pink cherry blossoms in April.
The park area embraces several major sights, including Tenryu-ji Temple, founded in 1339. The main temple of the Rinzai school of Zen Buddhism, Tenryu-ji is a UNESCO World Heritage Site surrounded by tranquil Zen gardens and bamboo forest.
There are many other temples in Arashiyama, including the Gio-ji, Jojakko-ji and Daikaku-ji temples. Another highlight is walking across the Moon Crossing Bridge, with views over to Mt Arashiyama.
Tours and tickets to Experience Arashiyama Park
What are Arashiyama Park hours of operation?
Should I book Arashiyama Park tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Arashiyama Park 2021?
What's the best way to experience Arashiyama Park?
- Kyoto Sagano Bamboo Grove & Arashiyama Walking Tour (No Yakatabune Lunch Cruise)
- Sagano Romantic Train & Arashiyama, Kiyomizudera, Fushimi Inari Taisha Day Tour
- Kyoto Cultural Forest, Shrine and Temple Tour with Options
- Arashiyama Bamboo Bike Tour (Early Bird)
Things to do near Kyoto
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture