Once a destination for nobles, the Arashiyama district of Kyoto boasts small-town charm and beautiful mountainside views. Today, the popular neighborhood attracts tourists and nature lovers. The scenic neighborhood’s iconic landmark, Togetsu-kyo Bridge spans the Katsura River and provides panoramic views of lush mountainside foliage, gentle river swells, and local fisherman navigating the shoreline. The bridge’s history extends back 400 years and has been featured in many historical films.
Crossing Togetsu-kyo Bridge is a highlight of any visit to Arashiyama. From feeding carp fish over the railing to enjoying the splendor of cherry blossoms in the spring and fall foliage, the bridge is a gateway to a simple, stunningly scenic way of life. Another popular way to see the bridge is by a boat ride along the river.
Tours and tickets to Experience Togetsu-kyo Bridge
Should I book Togetsu-kyo Bridge tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Togetsu-kyo Bridge 2021?
What's the best way to experience Togetsu-kyo Bridge?
- Kyoto Sagano Bamboo Grove & Arashiyama Walking Tour (No Yakatabune Lunch Cruise)
- Kyoto Arashiyama & Golden Pavilion One day Fulfilling Tour
- Kyoto Arashiyama Insider Walking Tour
- Kyoto Arashiyama & Sagano Walking Food Tour
Things to do near Kyoto
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Chiba
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture