Top Kyoto Classes & Workshops
112 results | All Kyoto Tours
* A traveler said: "A super-fun family activity! The show was excellent and we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you."
* A traveler said: "Brilliant, fun, mesmerising, once in a lifetime experience. So highly recommended. Not only educational every staff member was friendly and looked after you. A special thanks to the Grand Master Sensai who was very patient with us and took care in ensuring tradition was followed and we were taught the correct technique with the Samarui swords. It was a privilege bestowed on to us with care and trust. Amazing experience, highly highly recommended- Worth it!"
* A traveler said: "Such a lovely experience set along the Philospher's Path. With a great informative teacher. Can't wait to receive my cup!"
* A traveler said: "Amazing! We did 6 dishes they were so good. The ladies were so friendly and patient! 100% recommend for everyone."
* A traveler said: "One of favorites experiences while visiting Kyoto! It is located in a beautiful area. Iya was a great teacher, the class was easy to follow and the food was delicious. Highly recommended!!"
* A traveler said: "My husband and I were the only two people in our group so we ended up having a private tour. Hikaru, our guide, was very sweet and let us go at our own pace. The final bar where we had our main sake tasting was off the beaten path and I'm sure we wouldn't have found it on our own. It was definitely worth the money!"
* A traveler said: "Our tour guide Adrian was very funny and knowledgeable. He gave us good directions and enough time to explore the area. I will recommend him to anybody."
* A traveler said: "I enjoyed my time with my guide. I ate food I would not have tired and explored places I would go back to if I ever find myself again in Japan."
* A traveler said: "Mie was our tour guide who was excellent. She was flexible with her itinerary and we saw so much. When we return to Kyoto later in the year we'll ask for Mie again."
* A traveler said: "The instructor is very knowledgeable and friendly. The course took 1.5hr from basic knowledge to sake tasting with and without food. Amazing experience."
* A traveler said: "Had a great 2 day tour with Yasuna! She was very patient with us (a mixed group of varying fitness levels: an elderly granddad of 80+ and a young kid of 8). Loved seeing Ryoanji."
* A traveler said: "We had a great time with our tour guide Peter! This was the best way to see all of Kyoto in one day. We learned a lot of interesting things about the city and culture in Kyoto. We stayed in Kyoto for 4 days and this was definitely the highlight of our trip."
* A traveler said: "Fantastic experience, the tea ceremony itself was beautiful and the history around it was super interesting, thank you"
* A traveler said: "What a great experience we all had! My boys loved the interactive part and learning the history of the Samurai and ninjas! Would recommend to everyone visiting Kyoto!"
* A traveler said: "Highly recommend this pottery class for multi-generational families to experience together. It was simple to set up the appointment and payment. Prior to the day of the class a reminder was sent. Communication between participants and staff was easy since the main instructor was fluent in English. This is an ideal way to take a break from walking, sightseeing and shopping and make a cup in a beautifully renovated studio that blends modern with Japanese style. The kawaii (cute) Japanese work top and apron provided kept your street clothes clean and provided a nice prop for pictures. My grandkids puts this on their top three favorite experiences from their first trip to Japan. My husband enjoyed it so much he is looking into pottery classes here at home. Our family highly recommends this class or similar ones to not only enrich your memories of your time in Japan but after you get home your completed creations will arrive and provide you with a tangible souvenir that was made by you!"
* A traveler said: "We made a knot resembling the infinity shape. We could choose the colour of our silk braid, and the round ornament that hangs on it. The teacher was very nice and kind! The Kyoto museum is very close by as well."
Frequently Asked Questions
- To-ji Temple
- Heian Shrine (Heian Jingu)
- Gion Corner
- Byodo-in Temple
- Kinshi Masamune Horino Memorial Museum
- Kyoto Tower
- Shimogamo-jinja Shrine
- Kennin-ji Temple
- Eikan-do Zenrin-ji Temple
- Ginkaku-ji Temple (Silver Pavilion)
- Yasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine)
- Tenryu-ji Temple
- Katsura Imperial Villa (Katsura Rikyu)
- Teramachi Street
- Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Trail
- Kiyotaki River
- Kyoto National Museum
- Kodai-ji Temple
- Hosen-in Temple
- Things to do in Kansai Prefecture
- Things to do in Osaka
- Things to do in Izumisano
- Things to do in Nagano
- Things to do in Kamakura
- Things to do in Kawagoe
- Things to do in Kawasaki
- Things to do in Tokyo
- Things to do in Musashino
- Things to do in Busan
- Things to do in Seoul
- Things to do in Incheon
- Things to do in Osaka Prefecture
- Things to do in Nagano Prefecture
- Things to do in Kanagawa Prefecture