Two days in Langkawi means you can visit the island’s star attractions, spend some time out on the water, and get off the beaten track to experience a bit of the rural countryside. Here's how.
Oriental Village Langkawi
Telaga Harbour Park, Langkawi, Malaysia, 07000
Oriental Village Langkawi is a staple of island sightseeing tours. You can rent a Segway to cover more of the village in less time, or explore the surrounding jungle by amphibious vehicle or ATV. Excursions—which save you the hassle of car hire and navigation—typically include skip-the-line admission tickets for the cable car, and cover other major sights such as Eagle Square (Dataran Lang) and the mangroves, home to a rich selection of native wildlife.
Things to Know Before You Go
Oriental Village Langkawi is free to enter, but the attractions within all have different admission costs.
The food court at Oriental Village offers a wide variety of Malay dishes at reasonable prices. There’s also a hotel and a campsite, restaurants, and plenty of toilet facilities.
Thanks to paved pathways, the majority of Oriental Village Langkawi is accessible to travelers in wheelchairs and strollers; some attractions may have limited access.
How to Get There
Oriental Village Langkawi is located in Burau Bay on the island’s western side. There are two entrances to the village—gates A and B—with the main entrance at gate A. From Langkawi Airport, Oriental Village is about 8.6 miles (14 kilometers) or a 20-minute drive, depending on traffic.
When to Get There
Oriental Village Langkawi is open from mid-morning until early evening, daily and year-round, though some of the shops, attractions, and restaurants inside the complex operate independent hours.
Attractions in Oriental Village
The attractions at Oriental Village are as diverse as Malaysia’s culture. Langkawi Interpretive Center explores the biodiversity of the island and explains why the island has UNESCO World Geopark status; a petting zoo lets little ones spend time with deer and rabbits; and a 3D Art Museum boasts more than 100 3D paintings in front of which you can pose.
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Seven Wells Waterfall (Telaga Tujuh Waterfall)
- Langkawi Cable Car (Langkawi SkyCab)
- Langkawi Sky Bridge
- Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)
- Atma Alam Batik Art Village
- Mt. Machinchang (Gunung Mat Chinchang)
- Rice Museum (Laman Padi Langkawi)
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Mahsuri's Tomb (Makam Mahsuri)
- Langkawi Craft Complex (Kompleks Kraf Langkawi)
- Langkawi Beras Basah Island (Pulau Beras Basah)
- Tanjung Rhu
- Singa Besar Island (Pulau Singa Besar)
- Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting)
- Eagle Square (Dataran Lang)