Langkawi Sky Bridge
Opened in 2005, the Langkawi Sky Bridge is an engineering feat that’s very different from a traditional, straight bridge supported from below. Thousands cross the bridge not just to reach the other side, but to enjoy the experience and surroundings and to admire the structure. Many city tours of Langkawi include a ride in the SkyCab cable car up to the Sky Bridge.
Things to Know Before You Go
There’s an entry fee to the Sky Bridge, with different prices for Malaysian and foreign nationals. Purchase tickets in advance, if possible, as it gets crowded.
The bridge can hold up to 200 people at a time, which means that visitors may have to wait at busy times.
There are glass panels at various points along the bridge, from which you can look down into the forest below. Travelers who are afraid of heights should avoid standing on these.
How to Get There
Access to the Sky Bridge is via the SkyCab cable car, which transports visitors to the top of Mt. Machinchang. The SkyCab departs from Oriental Village, about half an hour by taxi from Langkawi.
When to Get There
It’s best to visit the Sky Bridge when the weather is fine. The SkyCab may close due to high winds, rendering the Sky Bridge inaccessible. Plus, the views are better when the sky is clear.
Walk the SkyTrail
Active travelers will enjoy a guided walk on the nearby SkyTrail, which runs from the SkyCab’s upper station to its lower station. The easiest trail to the middle station can be done in around 45 minutes, whereas the more challenging trail to the bottom station takes over two hours. Enjoy the densely forested landscape along the way, and learn about the flora and fauna from a guide.
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Ko Lipe
- Things to do in Hat Yai
- Things to do in Penang
- Things to do in Ko Lanta
- Things to do in Ko Phi Phi Don
- Things to do in Krabi
- Things to do in Ko Yao Yai
- Things to do in Phuket
- Things to do in Surat Thani
- Things to do in Koh Samui
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Pattaya
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Langkawi Cable Car (Langkawi SkyCab)
- Seven Wells Waterfall (Telaga Tujuh Waterfall)
- Oriental Village Langkawi
- Crocodile Adventureland Langkawi (Langkawi Crocodile Farm)
- Mt. Machinchang (Gunung Mat Chinchang)
- Atma Alam Batik Art Village
- Rice Museum (Laman Padi Langkawi)
- Underwater World Langkawi
- Langkawi Craft Complex (Kompleks Kraf Langkawi)
- Mahsuri's Tomb (Makam Mahsuri)
- Langkawi Beras Basah Island (Pulau Beras Basah)
- Tanjung Rhu
- Singa Besar Island (Pulau Singa Besar)
- Galeria Perdana
- Dayang Bunting Island (Pulau Dayang Bunting)