When it comes to Las Vegas, City of Sin, and a cluster of neon lights, hiking isn’t the very first thing that comes to most people’s minds. The reality, however, is that Vegas is surrounded by dozens of great hiking trails and rung by mystical mountains, with the trail to the top of Fortification Hill offering one of the area’s best views. From the top of this rocky pinnacle inside of Lake Mead National Recreation area, climbers are rewarded with panoramic views of Lake Mead and the Hoover Dam. This six-mile trail is for serious hikers who are comfortable with a little bit of bouldering, as sections in the middle can require scrambling for about 10 vertical feet. Most of the trail is straightforward, however, albeit a little steep, as the trail gains approximately 1,400 feet in a little under three miles. While you’re sure to work up a sweat when climbing—especially since there isn’t any shade—the view from the top makes every step completely worth the effort.
Fortification Hill Tours and Activities
Should I book Fortification Hill tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Fortification Hill 2021?
What's the best way to experience Fortification Hill?
- Grand Canyon West Rim Luxury Helicopter Tour
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with Optional Below-the-Rim Landing and Skywalk
- Grand Canyon Helicopter and Eagle Point Rim Landing Tour
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Flight and Sunset Valley of Fire Landing
Things to do near Las Vegas
- Things to do in Nevada
- Things to do in Palm Springs
- Things to do in Flagstaff
- Things to do in Sedona
- Things to do in Los Angeles
- Things to do in Long Beach
- Things to do in Santa Monica
- Things to do in Scottsdale
- Things to do in Phoenix
- Things to do in La Jolla
- Things to do in San Diego
- Things to do in Monument Valley
- Things to do in Paso Robles
- Things to do in Arizona
- Things to do in California