Top Launceston Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
39 results | All Launceston Tours
* A traveler said: "Wee had a very knowledgeable guide. Thae walking experience was great. The simple lunch in the hut brought back memories from mountain hikes in my childhood. Finally having the privilege of walking through a time capsule of plants and learning that these plants go back millions of years was amazing. The other stops showed another side of Tassie"
* A traveler said: "Had a superb time cruising the Tamar River and Cataract Gorge. It was a gorgeous sunny day, and the scenery was incredible. The Captain was very knowledgable and the staff were super friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this Cruise during your Launceston Trip."
* A traveler said: "Great way to explore the Tamar Valley wine region and beautiful cool climate wines. Terry was a great guide and knowledgeable on the region and all the wineries we explored. Wonderful lunch included in the trip!"
* A traveler said: "Well worth the money, excellent presentation by the Captain of the boat. Great history passed on to the tourists"
* A traveler said: "My friend and I were lucky to be the only two on our tour, extremely nice trip organiser and driver and tasted some lovely wines, wineries were very courteous, we had a thoroughly great afternoon"
* A traveler said: "The whole experience was great. We all had fun and made a fantastic family memory. The staff were fabtastic and very helpful"
* A traveler said: "We had a great day, apart from the weather, unfortunately that is out of everyone's control. The day was perfectly planned. Our guide, Ben, had a great knowledge of the history and the area, and indeed was very interesting to listen to."
* A traveler said: "Such a relaxing 4 hour tour. Beautiful scenery and friendly staff. Morning tea and lunch were yummy and plenty of it. The wine tasting was a bit of fun but not a highlight. Could have done without it. Would definitely recommend this cruise."
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful day at Cradle mountain the hike around Dove lake was fantastic and the drive up from Launceston was so beautiful. Rita our guide for the day was great she had coats, gloves and beanies if you didn’t have your own and knew a lot about the area. Highly recommended and don’t forget some warm clothing"
* A traveler said: "Eammon was a superb tour guide. It was a very personal tour and we learnt a lot of history and about wine!"
* A traveler said: "This walking tour was a really excellent experience. John made us feel really welcome and had so much local knowledge to share, absolutely fascinating. The pace of the tour was perfect, and the stop for a light dinner & a drink in the heart of the Gorge was a nice touch."
* A traveler said: "Lovely hour on the river cruise, fabulous gourge it’s a must when in Launceston, very informative information from the captain."
* A traveler said: "That was great experience for this trip. both guides are knowledgeable and informative. they explained us about some background and stories during the trip sites and that made us very impression. they were also friendly and helpful during the trip. Best way from Launceston to Hobart and highly recommended this trip to my friends."
* A traveler said: "Very good cruise up the Cataract Gorge to see unique rock walls bearing the mark of the amazing hugh tides."
* A traveler said: "A fantastic trip with Jan! It was lovely going to some of the smaller wineries that were so friendly and also visiting a lavender farm, olive oil farm and a gin distillery. We also enjoyed the delicious lunch and the many stories from Jan."
3-Day Tasmania Combo: Launceston to Hobart Active Tour Including Cradle Mountain, Freycinet National Park and Port Arthur
* A traveler said: "The staff were wonderful,so much knowledge on history,flora and fauna and the locations we travelled to were spectacular"
* A traveler said: "In a word, Excellent. |Lovely wine in a beautiful setting, outstanding staff, an informative tour then fantastic food in an elegant restaurant. Simply marvellous."
* A traveler said: "Scenic cruise over the appropriate amount of time for the area covered, entertaining and educational commentary."
* A traveler said: "We had a great time and saw all levels of the hydro plant. Our guide John was very informative and took the time to answer our questions and explain everything."
* A traveler said: "A very informative short 50 min tour the guide LYN was brilliant in his knowledge of Launceston and its history, good start to understand back ground into Launceston and the Gorge."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Launceston Planetarium
- Ben Lomond National Park
- Woolmers Estate
- George Town Watch House
- Platypus House
- Clarendon House
- Franklin House
- Design Tasmania
- Tamar Valley
- Bay of Fires
- Low Head Pilot Station Maritime Museum
- Beaconsfield Mine & Heritage Centre
- Grindelwald Swiss Village
- Tamar Island Wetlands
- Queen Victoria Museum & Art Gallery (QVMAG)
- Launceston City Park