Lucca Clock Tower (Torre delle Ore) Tours and Tickets
The Torre delle Ore in Lucca, otherwise known as the Clock Tower, is the city's tallest tower, dating back to the 13th century, although the clock that gave the tower its identity was added in 1390. The clock mechanism itself has changed over the years, but the one you see today is from the 1750s. Bells in the tower chime each quarter hour.
This tower is historic, and also features in a local legend. A 17th-century woman who sold her soul to the devil in order to remain youthful is said to have tried to stop the clock from chiming when she was supposed to pay her debt. She didn't reach the clock in time, and the devil collected her soul. She is said to haunt the tower still.
Tours and Activities to Experience Lucca Clock Tower (Torre delle Ore)
- Church of San Michele in Foro (Chiesa di San Michele in Foro)
- Puccini Museum
- Guinigi Tower (Torre Guinigi)
- Puccini e la sua Lucca International Permanent Festival
- Piazza dell'Anfiteatro
- Cathedral Museum Complex (Complesso Museale e Archeologico della Cattedrale di Lucca)
- Lucca Cathedral (Duomo di Lucca)
- Via Fillungo
- Devil's Bridge (Ponte del Diavolo or Ponte della Maddalena)