Playa de Muro
One of Mallorca’s most popular beaches, Playa de Muro’s shallow waters and lifeguards attract families with young kids, while windy days bring kite surfers, wind surfers, and stand-up paddle boarders. Travelers can rent an electric stand-up paddle board or boat to explore this area of the coast at your leisure—or combine a visit with a trip to Port d’Alcudia Beach or the adjacent S'Albufera Natural Park, home to diverse wetland wildlife and hiking routes.
Things to know before you go
- Don’t forget to pack a bathing suit, beach towel, and reef-safe sunscreen for your day on Playa de Muro.
- Umbrellas and sun loungers can be rented on site, though facilities become sparser the further east you go; guests are welcome to bring their own picnics or parasols.
- Facilities include showers, changing rooms, public restrooms, and lifeguard stations.
- Wheelchair- and stroller-accessible boardwalks lead down to the sand at several spots along the beach
How to get there
The easiest way to get to this beach is by car, with paid parking available onsite. To get there via public transportation, take bus number 351 or A32 from Palma—both pass near Playa de Muro.
When to get there
Though it’s one of the biggest beaches on the Balearic Islands, Playa de Muro still gets crowded during high season, particularly in July and August. To have more sand to yourself, arrive on a weekday or visit during the spring or fall shoulder season.
- Things to do in Balearic Islands
- Things to do in Ibiza
- Things to do in Barcelona
- Things to do in Tarragona
- Things to do in Valencia
- Things to do in Benidorm
- Things to do in Girona
- Things to do in Alicante
- Things to do in Algiers
- Things to do in Murcia
- Things to do in Zaragoza
- Things to do in Toulouse
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Catalonia
- Things to do in Costa Blanca
- Platja des Coll Baix
- Formentor and Puerto Pollensa
- Inca Market
- Sa Calobra Canyon and Beach (Torrent de Pareis)
- Hams Caves (Cuevas dels Hams)
- Caves of Drach (Cuevas del Drach)
- Son Amar Dinner Show
- Serra de Tramuntana
- Valldemossa and La Granja
- Palma Aquarium
- Aqualand El Arenal
- Palma Arab Baths (Baños Árabes)
- Palma Plaza Mayor