Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens
Explore the gardens at your own pace on a self-guided tour of the Garden Discovery Trai;; a standard admission ticket includes access to all of the gardens, and all three of the mazes. Kids can take part in the Woodland Fairy Walk or the Great Gnome Hunt, during which clues direct you to gnomes hidden throughout the park. Admission to Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens is free with a Melbourne City Card, which also grants you access to top city attractions such as Melbourne Zoo, Carlton Brewery, and Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens is a must-visit attraction for families and lovers of the outdoors.
- The park is home to a gift shop that sells natural products such as lavender beauty products, herbal tea, and fruit jams.
- Ashcombe Maze Cafe serves breakfast and lunch, as well as hot drinks and snacks.
- The gardens are generally wheelchair and stroller accessible, though due to the constricted nature of the Hedge Maze, some parts may be a tight squeeze.
How to Get There
From central Melbourne, Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens are a 1-hour drive via the M1 and Mornington Peninsula Freeway. There is no direct public transport to the maze; from Melbourne CBD, you take the train to Frankston Station and catch a Route 782 bus with Peninsula Bus Lines, which stops a 10-minute walk from the maze.
When to Get There
Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens are open year-round Monday-Sunday, except on Christmas Day. Though the lavender flowers bloom regardless of the season, the most picturesque times to visit are during the fall and spring, when natural colors are at their brightest.
Family Fun in Mornington Peninsula After visiting Ashcombe Maze & Lavender Gardens, continue the family fun with a visit to Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm, where you can pick your own strawberries during the warmer months of November through April. Other kid-friendly places include the Main Ridge Dairy, where you can pet goats, and the Messy Shed, where kids can enjoy messy play sessions.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm
- Phillip Island Nature Parks
- Phillip Island
- Phillip Island Circuit
- Koala Reserve (Koala Conservation Centre)
- Churchill Island
- Albert Park
- Moonlit Sanctuary
- Point Nepean National Park
- Australian National Aviation Museum
- Brighton Beach
- LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Melbourne
- Rippon Lea Estate
- Caulfield Racecourse
- Luna Park Melbourne