Hosier Lane is a staple of Melbourne street art tours, which prove integral to locating the city’s ever-changing graffiti. Tours typically cover the CBD, home to the highest concentration of street art, and take you to Blender Studios, a warehouse and studio space for contemporary artists. Visit Hosier Land as part of a Melbourne walking or running tour, which offer a more intimate glimpse into the area, or go the whole hog on a full-day sightseeing tour, which covers top attractions such as Block Arcade, Flinders Street Station, and Fitzroy Gardens.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Hosier Lane is a must-visit attraction for fans of street art and photographers.
- There’s an abundance of restaurants, cafes, and bars—all home to restrooms—within a few minutes’ walk of Hosier Lane.
- Even surfaces mean that Hosier Lane is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
How to Get There
Hosier Lane is located in Melbourne CBD and is reachable on foot from Flinders Street Station, Federation Square, and Fitzroy Gardens. The closest tram stop is City Square/Swanston Street, serviced by tram numbers 1 and 6, which is a 3-minute walk from Hosier Lane.
When to Get There
Hosier Lane is a public street that’s open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The enclave attracts crowds throughout the day, so arrive as early as you can in order to secure photographs without other people in them.
Attractions near Hosier Lane Within walking distance of Hosier Lane, you’ll find several top Melbourne attractions. After enjoying the street art of Hosier Land, stroll over to the cultural hub of Federation Square, home to Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) and the Ian Potter Centre; admire the facade of St. Paul’s Cathedral; and snap a photo of Flinders’ Street Station, which is featured on many Melbourne postcards.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island