Queen Victoria Market
Queen Vic or Vic Market, as the locals call it, is a bustling marketplace home to some of the best food in Melbourne. Grab a bite to eat, do your weekly shopping, and browse for souvenirs and handicrafts all in one place. One of the city’s highlights, many Melbourne tours stop at the market and explain its history. Food lovers can embark on a foodie tour and experience the gastronomy of Queen Victoria Market and Melbourne.
Recent reviews from experiences in Melbourne
Things to Know Before You Go
Queen Victoria Market is a must-visit for foodies and anyone wanting to explore the culinary delights of Melbourne.
Stop at the visitor information desk for all your market needs and to find out about tours and events.
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the premises.
The market is accessible to wheelchairs and strollers.
How to Get There
The market is located just a short walk from Flagstaff and Melbourne Central stations. Set within the Free Tram Zone, the 19, 57, 58, and 59 trams make their way to the market.
When to Get There
Queen Vic is closed Mondays, Wednesdays, and public holidays; opening hours vary by day. Get to the market early for the freshest produce, or about 30 minutes before closing to land great deals on leftover products. String Bean Alley, an artisan section of the market, is open Friday through Sunday.
Wednesday Nights at Queen Vic
As Australia’s food capital, Melbourne knows how to throw a good food gathering. During the summer and winter months, Queen Victoria Market opens Wednesday evenings for a delicious display of global foods, live music, and artisan and handmade goodies for sale. Get there early to grab a table and sample a variety of treats from the many food stalls.
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
- Visiting the Little Penguins
- How to Pick a Great Ocean Road Tour
- Wine Tasting in Yarra Valley
- Melbourne Street Art
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Holiday & Seasonal Tours
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Melbourne
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Melbourne
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Fall
- Things to Do in Melbourne This Spring
- Top Parks and Gardens in Melbourne
- Art Lover's Guide to Melbourne
- First-Timers Guide to Melbourne