Top Melbourne Historical Tours
64 results | All Melbourne Tours
* A traveler said: "No crowds as it was in the reserve direction. But seeing the 12 Apostles was the highlight. Loved it. Plus small numbers"
* A traveler said: "Alan our tour guide was wonderful. Healesville sanctuary was a great stop-we loved the platypus and bird talk. The train is a fun experience, but it is a little disorganized because there are too many workers organizing people."
* A traveler said: "Absolutely brilliant. We had am amazing day. It was so full on, and well timed. Our tour guide, Corey, was just brilliant. What a lovely young man. He should get a job in New Zealand. 😊. The weather was cold and wet, but it did not dampen our sprits."
* A traveler said: "Enjoyed every minute of it and our driver Chris kept the mood going. Because of the coronavirus they have cancelled the meet and greet. But they made up for it allowing us to see the set etc."
* A traveler said: "Thoroughly enjoyed our tour. Our guide Fiona was so knowledgeable and engaging. Loved discovering the art in the laneways and the beautiful arcades and their history."
* A traveler said: "Paul was a great tour guide around the stadia with insights and anecdotes from decades ago to present day, spanning everything from Tennis to Cricket to AFL to Water Polo in the 56 Olympics and the notorious Blood in the Water! It was the perfect complement to the MCG tour that in itself was fascinating hearing from an MCC member who was a wealth of knowledge as we explored the stadium for an inside look at changing rooms, to player viewing area as well as getting on the ground. All in all great fun with some good laughs along the way."
* A traveler said: "Really enjoyed this tour! We learned so much about the history of Melbourne and the public market. The food we tried was amazing!! Our guide was so knowledgeable and delightful! This is the only way to really learn about the market and really appreciate it. A fantastic activity in Melbourne!!"
* A traveler said: "All good and ready to go with a quick pick up. Commute time is very busy in the CBD with construction."
* A traveler said: "We would never have known about the little bars we visited if we hadn’t participated in tour! Loved every aspect of it, not rushed and plenty of time to enjoy the location and choice of alcohol. Would not hesitate to recommend to anyone wanting to experience something a little different"
* A traveler said: "A wonderful experience on a cold winter morning, visiting places I never would have imagined were there. Hearing stories of Melbourne and Melbourne’s history, visiting laneways, galleries, and Art Deco Buildings, immersed in the secret treasures of Melbourne city. Thank you"
* A traveler said: "It’s great having a true enthusiast in the subject matter sharing their passion with you. He brought to life images of a bygone era and was able to link the stories to the few remaining buildings in the area from that era."
* A traveler said: "We joined the walking tour with Erica in Federation Square and from there toured the waterfront, laneways arcades and streets of CBD. Erica was passionate and knowledgeable about Melbourne and having a small group of 8 allowed us to ask questions. Thoroughly enjoyable intro to Melbourne. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "We had a wonderful food tour of Melbourne. Our guide was very knowledgable as we walked through the heart of the entertainment area and we visited 3 restaurants each providing a variety of samples of their cuisine which represented the leading styles in Melbourne. We also visited a wonderful cheese shop and gelato shop. We have just started doing foodie tours and found this a wonderful way to gain local insight while having amazing foods. Highly recommend."
* A traveler said: "We really enjoyed the ghost tour. We’ve been coming to Melbourne a few times a year for 17 years and it’s good to learn more about the history of Melbourne and it’s people. The tour is a great opportunity to walk up and down the little back streets that we’ve hardly even noticed in the past. Ash was our tour guide and she did an awesome job. The weather was great too which made the experience perfect. Great job Ash 👍🏻😁"
* A traveler said: "Thank you Nicole for a great afternoon in some hidden bars with a bit of history learnt along the way. Also, thanks for the tips for future visits."
* A traveler said: "On this city tour we had Ricarda, once again, as our driver/guide. She was flexible, knowledgeable, and a great person to talk to. We hit the high spots of the city and ended up at the beach for a walk and a great tea at a popular local café. This is an easy, leisurely way to get an overview of the city."
* A traveler said: "A great way to tour the city with some interesting history. Taylor was friendly and knowledgeable, and showed us some hidden bars I wouldn't have found otherwise."
* A traveler said: "An incredible experience. Our guide Joseph was super knowledgeable and made the night really fun. We rated this tour highly, recommend for all beer lovers. Lots of experimental beers tasted, don’t go expecting to drink what you know."
* A traveler said: "Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and interesting. We highly recommend this tour to sporting enthusiasts!!"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Churchill Island
- Grampians National Park
- Healesville Sanctuary
- Marvel Stadium
- Brighton Beach
- Melbourne Museum
- Cooks' Cottage
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC)
- Block Arcade
- Dandenong Ranges
- Sherbrooke Forest
- Parliament House of Victoria
- The District Docklands
- Luna Park Melbourne
- Melbourne Princess Theatre
- Sunny Ridge Strawberry Farm
- Caulfield Racecourse
- Chapel Street
- Forum Melbourne
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
Day Trips from Melbourne
- Melbourne to Australia
- Melbourne to New South Wales
- Melbourne to Victoria
- Melbourne to Sydney
- Melbourne to Twelve Apostles
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Melbourne to Grampians National Park
- Melbourne to Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne to Albert Park
- Melbourne to Brighton Beach
- Melbourne to Sovereign Hill
- Melbourne to Mornington Peninsula
- Melbourne to Brighton
- Melbourne to Great Otway National Park
- Melbourne to Ballarat
- Melbourne to Geelong
- Melbourne to Great Ocean Road
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park