Top Melbourne Safaris
Saved to wishlist!
8 results | All Melbourne Tours
Sort by: Featured
Experience the Great Ocean Road’s top attractions on this guided excursion that follows the iconic road in reverse. Embark on your journey and beat the crowds while learning about the region’s scenic landscapes and pretty coastal towns from an informative guide. Visit sites including the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge, Port Campbell, London Bridge, and Great Otway National Park Rainforest.
Spot Aussie icons like kangaroos, koalas and emu, as well as exotic beasts like lions, gorillas and meerkats on a thrilling family day trip to the Werribee Open Range Zoo. Hop on an open-window bus for a 40-minute safari tour and get up close to giraffes, rhinos, zebras, camels and more. Then, explore the rest of the park on foot, and walk the boardwalk above the hippo pool, enjoy zookeeper talks and presentations, or make the most of the kid’s play areas.
Join our tour guides for a walk through Australia’s culture capital and learn what makes this city great and so much more. When you arrive, you'll explore Melbourne with a local who can share the history of the city as well as point out things to do after your walking tour is done. Depot Adventures tour guides want to show you the real Melbourne – the city we know and love. Your tour will stop for a coffee and conclude near the Old Melbourne Gaol, where you learn about Australia’s most infamous bush ranger. After your tour is finished, your guide will brings the group to a classic Australian pub where you can experience traditional Aussie food.
Head out of Melbourne for a full-day small-group tour of the Great Ocean Road. See some of Southern Australia’s most beautiful beaches as you travel to Kennett River, where you can spot wild koalas. Stop in Apollo Bay for lunch, then take a dip in the Southern Ocean. Stroll in the rainforest at Great Otway National Park and travel to Port Campbell National Park and the Twelve Apostles where you cruise down the Shipwreck Coast to Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge.
See the magnificent wildlife of the Werribee Open Range Zoo during a 75-minute off-road safari by 4-wheel drive vehicle. Your guide heads off road where you become immersed in the savanna and its amazing animals including giraffes, rhinos, and zebras. Includes admission to the zoo and the option to explore the zoo further at your leisure.
Travelers short on time in the Melbourne area don't need to miss out on one of Australia's greatest coastal road trips. This Great Ocean Road day tour includes many of the route's highlights, including the Twelve Apostles, Apollo Bay, and London Bridge. And, because this itinerary is the reverse of what many travelers take, you'll be skipping the worst of the crowds.
Experience Australian wildlife and rainforest up-close and personal with a full day trip to Moonlit Sanctuary and the Puffing Billy Steam Train from Melbourne. Explore Moonlit Sanctuary's bushland setting with an experienced guide, and meet animals that range from koalas to kangaroos, dingos to monitor lizards. Learn about local conservation efforts. Soak up the wild atmosphere of a mountain rainforest while riding a century-old steam train along scenic tracks before returning to Melbourne.
This is a must-do Nature Lovers private tour. Come touring with a Local guide with 10 years of experience to show you, not only the famous little Penguins, but everything else that this beautiful island offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Safaris in Melbourne?
The best Safaris in Melbourne according to Viator travelers are:
What Safaris in Melbourne are taking additional safety precautions?
These Melbourne experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Safaris in Melbourne are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Melbourne may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Polly Woodside Tours & Tickets
- Fitzroy Gardens Tours & Tickets
- St Patrick's Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) Tours & Tickets
- AAMI Park Tours & Tickets
- Williamstown Tours & Tickets
- Arts Centre Melbourne Tours & Tickets
- Grampians National Park Tours & Tickets
- South Wharf Tours & Tickets
- Australian Ballet Tours & Tickets
- Moonlit Sanctuary Tours & Tickets
- Melbourne Museum Tours & Tickets
- Rippon Lea Estate Tours & Tickets
- Marvel Stadium Tours & Tickets
- Sherbrooke Forest Tours & Tickets
- National Sports Museum Tours & Tickets
- City Circle Tram Tours & Tickets
- St Paul's Cathedral Tours & Tickets
- Hosier Lane Tours & Tickets
- State Library Victoria Tours & Tickets
- Things to do in Victoria
- Things to do in Yarra Valley
- Things to do in Ballarat
- Things to do in Hobart
- Things to do in Adelaide
- Things to do in Sydney
- Things to do in Hunter Valley
- Things to do in Port Stephens
- Things to do in Tasmania
- Things to do in South Australia
- Things to do in New South Wales
- Things to do in Queensland
- Things to do in South Island
Day Trips from Melbourne
- Melbourne to Australia
- Melbourne to New South Wales
- Melbourne to Victoria
- Melbourne to Sydney
- Melbourne to Twelve Apostles
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park
- Melbourne to Grampians National Park
- Melbourne to Healesville Sanctuary
- Melbourne to Albert Park
- Melbourne to Brighton Beach
- Melbourne to Sovereign Hill
- Melbourne to Mornington Peninsula
- Melbourne to Brighton
- Melbourne to Great Otway National Park
- Melbourne to Ballarat
- Melbourne to Geelong
- Melbourne to Great Ocean Road
- Melbourne to Wilsons Promontory National Park