Things to Do in New Orleans This Summer
New Orleans heats up in the summer—both with rising temps and a hot lineup of festivals and events. Plan to do most of your outdoor activities in the cooler morning or evening hours, and beat the heat at shady parks and indoor attractions. Once the sun sets, join other revelers for ghostly explorations or a cocktail bar crawl. Here are our top summer picks.
*Create your own Cajun or Creole feastwith a hands-on cooking class.
- Escape to the shady Louisiana swamps foran airboat ride or bayou tour.
- Stay cool aboard an air-conditioned vehicle on ahop-on hop-off or minibus tour.
- Sip a cool Sazerac or Hurricane on a boozycocktail crawl.
- Steam down the mighty Mississippi at sunset on ajazz dinner cruise.
- View expansive collections and artifacts at theNational WWII Museum.
*Get spooked after darkon a voodoo, vampire, or ghost tour.