Visitors can discover the villa on a guided or self-guided tour. Explore the peristyle and library on the ground floor, then climb the stairs to the first-floor bedrooms and bathrooms, all of which are fully furnished in period style. Highlights include magnificent views along the coast from the upper floor, the Mediterranean gardens, and the Antiques Gallery, which includes some fine Greco-Roman statues.
A visit to Villa Kerylos is often combined with a visit to the nearby Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild or a tour of the Fragonard Perfume Factory in neighboring Eze. Both villas are popular inclusions on full-day tours of the French Riviera from Nice or Monaco.
Things to Know Before You Go
Plan around an hour for your visit to Villa Kerylos.
Combination tickets are available for Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild and Villa Kerylos.
Audio guides are available in multiple languages including English.
How to Get There
The villa is located in Beaulieu-sur-Mer, around 6 miles (10 kilometers) from Nice, along the Corniche coastal road to Monaco. It’s just a few minutes’ walk from the center of Beaulieu-sur-Mer, from which buses and trains connect to the rest of the French Riviera.
When to Get There
The villa is open daily all year round, and although July and August are the busiest months, it rarely draws the crowds of the nearby Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild. For the best views of the coast, visit in the late afternoon, when the sun is most favorable for photographs.
Architecture of Villa Kerylos
A collaboration between Théodore Reinach and architect Emmanuel Pontremoli, the villa takes its inspiration from the noble houses of Delos in ancient Greece, which date back to the 2nd century BC. Although modern comforts are accounted for, the villa’s peristyle, inner courtyard, and Carrara marble columns allude to the ancient Greek style, and the decorative frescoes and mosaics are filled with images from Greek mythology.
- Things to do in French Riviera
- Things to do in Monte-Carlo
- Things to do in Cannes
- Things to do in Toulon
- Things to do in Langhe-Roero and Monferrato
- Things to do in Aix-en-Provence
- Things to do in Genoa
- Things to do in Turin
- Things to do in Marseille
- Things to do in Marignane
- Things to do in Avignon
- Things to do in Arles
- Things to do in Nîmes
- Things to do in Piedmont & Liguria
- Things to do in Provence
- Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
- Villefranche Cruise Port (Port de la Santé)
- Mt. Boron (Mont Boron)
- Cote d’Azur Observatory (Observatoire de la Cote d’Azur)
- Quai Lunel
- Place Garibaldi
- Castle Hill (Colline du Château)
- Cimiez Monastery (Monastere de Cimiez)
- Cours Saleya Flower Market (Marché aux Fleurs Cours Saleya)
- Quai des États-Unis
- Matisse Museum (Musée Matisse)
- Molinard Perfumery (Maison Molinard)
- Massena Square (Place Masséna)
- Marc Chagall National Museum (Musée National Marc Chagall)