Fantasy of Flight
Founder Kermit Weeks—a dedicated vintage-plane collector and former competitive aerobatic pilot—opened Fantasy of Flight to showcase his private plane collection, one of the world's largest. Much of the original hanger space is currently closed to the public, but the museum still displays about 25 rare, vintage planes at any given time. Models are occasionally rotated. Aeronautics enthusiasts can visit the museum independently on a day trip from Orlando or Tampa.
Things to Know Before You Go
A small gift shop is operated on site.
Biplane flights may be available during the museum's limited opening hours.
Look for the red-and-white checkerboard water tower, a symbol of the museum.
How to Get There
Fantasy of Flight is located 33 miles (54 kilometers) southwest of downtown Orlando at the Orlampa Airport in Polk City. To access the museum by car, take Interstate 4 West from central Orlando, and get off at Exit 44.
When to Get There
Fantasy of Flight is open seasonally on weekends only, typically from 11am–3pm, Friday–Sunday. The larger hanger, which houses much of Weeks’ collection, is currently closed, except for special events and for restoration and maintenance.
Over the years, Kermit Weeks has amassed a large collection of rare planes. While some aircraft were destroyed by Hurricane Andrew in 1992, the collection highlights include a 1945 Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress, multiple WWI models, and planes that are more than 100 years old and date to the beginnings of aviation.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in Georgia
- LEGOLAND® Florida Resort
- Disney's Animal Kingdom®
- Disney's Hollywood Studios®
- Fun Spot America Theme Parks
- Epcot Center
- Walt Disney World®
- House of Blues Orlando
- Disney Springs™
- The LEGO® Store Disney Springs
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Walt Disney World® Magic Kingdom Park
- International Drive
- WonderWorks Orlando
- SEA LIFE® Orlando
- Icon Orlando 360