L'Atelier des Chefs Cooking School
L’ Atelier des Chefs is a French cooking school with six locations in Paris (and eight more throughout France) with a wide range of affordable hands-on classes taught by master chefs in a professional and friendly environment. Courses accommodate all skill levels in a variety of themes.
Classes range from 30 minutes to 4 hours and are held in modern kitchens with abundant cookery and fresh ingredients. Master basic essentials or challenge yourself with more complex pursuits such as making perfect French pastry. No matter which class you choose, finish yourxa0 mouth-watering experience by feasting on the delicious dishes you prepared with your brand new techniques. Classes accommodate absolute beginners as well as more experienced cooks. Occasionally, classes for kids (6 - 12 years old) are held around holidays such as Spring Break.
Things to Know Before You Go
- L' Atelier des Chefs is an ideal place to learn cooking secrets from French chefs.
- Prices vary according to the class and class duration, and include all Ingredients and equipment, use of apron, and recipe to take home.
- Classes are conducted mostly in French. If the chefs are not fluent in English, they will translate necessary steps for non-French speakers.
How to Get There
L’ Atelier des Chefs has six locations in Paris. One of the most popular locations is located along rue Péclet in the 15th arrondissement. Take Métro line 12 to Volontaires or Vaugirard; both stops are about two blocks away. Other locations are in the 8th, 9th, and 4th arrondissements.
When to Get There
L’ Atelier des Chefs offer classes Tuesday through Saturday, with a plentiful roster of classes throughout the year, as well as a rotation of seasonal and holiday workshops. Please refer to their website for the schedule and offerings. For less populated classes, choose one in the morning or later in the afternoon.
Sharpening Your Skills Simply choose amongst their many available themes--delicate buttery pastry, classic French macarons, tapas and aperitif, bistro classics such as steak frites, authentic Italian recipes, Chinese dumplings, Japanese sushi-maki, farm to table, festive afterwork cocktails, sweet and savory emulsions--and be prepared to learn from professional chefs how to make the perfect dishes for yourself and your family, or maybe in future guests to enjoy.
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Blois
- Things to do in Deauville City
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Dijon
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Horley
- Things to do in Nantes
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- 8th Arrondissement
- Jacquemart-André Museum (Musee Jacquemart-Andre)
- Chapelle Expiatoire
- La Madeleine
- Ladurée Paris
- Nissim Camondo Museum (Musée Nissim De Camondo)
- Avenue des Champs-Élysées
- Gare Saint-Lazare
- Théatre Édouard VII
- Petit Palais
- Grand Palais
- Discovery Palace (Palais de la Découverte)
- Place de la Concorde
- Monceau Park (Parc Monceau)