Top Picardy Day Trips
Saved to wishlist!
4 results | All Picardy Tours
This “One day Australian Tour” is absolutely brilliant! It covers most of the Australian sites in the Somme and also gets you into places that not everybody will take you to! You will learn about the different battles Australians got involved in, walk in trenches and also learn about French politics and culture whilst discovering the area.
Following the footsteps of the Australians on the Somme with a local experienced guide. We conduct battlefield tours of the Western Front since over 12 years to provide you a unique experience
Our guide, Michael Smith, has lived and worked on The Somme since 1991 The is a comprehensive circuit of the Somme battlefields of 1916 The itinerary can be tailored to reflect your nationality If you have ancestors who fell during these battles, the cemetery and/or monument will be included. Our circuit takes us through beautiful countryside Other attractions can be added in the region: steam heritage railway, Amiens cathedral (the largest in France), windmills, a micro brewery.
This is a living history visit of events that took place in the 20th century There is so much preserved here, that we could imagine that these battles happened yesterday. There is nothing "tacky" here. There is a tremendous sense of honour and respect. On certain days there is a nearby steam railway, constructed to carry troops and war materials during the First World War. The circuit of remembrance is in beautiful, rural countryside. There are specific circuits, depending on your nationality. Villers-Bretonneux has four Australian sites to visit, Your guide has lived and worked on The Somme for a little over 30 years. Other additional visits possible: micro breweries, steam railways, gardens.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What are the best Day Trips in Picardy?
The best Day Trips in Picardy according to Viator travelers are:
What Day Trips in Picardy are taking additional safety precautions?
These Picardy experiences are providing additional COVID-19 safety measures:
What Day Trips in Picardy are good for avoiding crowds?
These hidden gems in Picardy may have limited interaction with crowds:
- Things to do in Amiens
- Things to do in Nord-Pas de Calais
- Things to do in Île-de-France
- Things to do in Champagne
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Rouen
- Things to do in Paris
- Things to do in Marne-la-Vallée
- Things to do in Versailles
- Things to do in Flanders
- Things to do in Normandy
- Things to do in South East England
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in East of England
- Things to do in Loire Valley
Popular on Viator
- Statue of Liberty Tours and Tickets
- The White House Tours and Tickets
- Antelope Canyon Tours and Tickets
- Hoover Dam Tours and Tickets
- Alcatraz Tours and Tickets
- Stonehenge Tours and Tickets
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum Tours and Tickets
- Beverly Hills Tours and Tickets
- Colosseum Tours and Tickets
- Washington Monument Tours and Tickets
- San Diego Zoo Tours and Tickets
- Space Needle Tours and Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Tours and Tickets
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial Tours and Tickets
- Empire State Building Tours and Tickets
- Art Institute of Chicago Tours and Tickets
- Aquarium of the Pacific Tours and Tickets
- Blue Lagoon Tours and Tickets
- Burj Khalifa Tours and Tickets
- Metropolitan Museum of Art (The Met) Tours and Tickets