Lemon Lagoon Bay
Snorkelers and divers will be in their element at Lemon Lagoon bay beach, also known as Playa Limon, where you’ll find a coral reef just offshore that’s home to trunkfish, parrotfish, green turtles, and more. There’s a small lagoon just behind the beach that is lined with shady foliage.
If the idea of spending the entire day on the beach sounds boring, ramp up your adventure with an adrenaline-pumping quad dune buggy tour or jump on horseback for a romantic ride along the sand.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Amenities are limited on the beach so bring water, sunscreen, and a hat with you.
- Dune buggies have manual transmission and you must know how to drive manual in order to take part in a tour.
- Resort amenities can be found at nearby La Vacama.
How to Get There
Lemon Lagoon Bay is located around 50 miles north along the coast from Punta Cana. There’s limited public transport to more remote areas so it’s best to drive, take a taxi or join a guided tour with transport provided. The closest airport is Punta Cana International.
When to Get There
High season in the Dominican Republic runs from December until the end of March. From June to November it’s hurricane season when storms and heavy rainfall are possible.
Outdoor Adventures in the Dominican Republic The Dominican Republic is known as a relaxing beach destination, but it’s also one of the adventure capitals of the Caribbean. From diving to river tubing, ziplining through the forest or learning how to surf in Cabarete, there’s a whole host of options to choose from. Get out into nature with a safari tour, or try horseback riding along the beach for a touch of romance.
- Things to do in La Romana
- Things to do in Samaná
- Things to do in Santo Domingo
- Things to do in Arecibo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Puerto Plata
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Philipsburg
- Things to do in Oranjestad
- Things to do in Kralendijk
- Things to do in Kingston
- Things to do in Ocho Rios
- Things to do in St Maarten
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in New Providence Island