Things to Do in Reykjavik This Fall
Fall is the perfect shoulder season in Reykjavik: The landscape is vibrant with color, and the darkness and chill of winter have yet to arrive. During your autumnal stay, plan a wide-ranging itinerary that blends trips into nature with cultural excursions and culinary adventures—here’s how to make the most of a fall visit to the Icelandic capital.
- Enjoy the fresh, crisp air and vibrant fall colors when yougo on a horseback riding tour.
- Indulge in a soothing soak in one of the region’snatural thermal springs.
- See the mighty Gullfoss waterfall before it freezes over duringa Golden Circle day trip.
- Sample delicious traditional Icelandic cuisine on a tour ofReykjavik’s best restaurants. *Embark on a whale-watching tourto see these giants of the deep during their autumn migrations.
- TourReykjavik’s major landmarksfrom the cozy comfort of a minibus.
- Admire volcanoes, lava beaches, and waterfalls juxtaposed with an autumnal color palette during a visit toSnaefellsnes National Park. *Embark on a sea-fishing adventure, and barbecue your catch onboard.
- Head indoors and discoverReykjavik’s highlight museums, from the Reykjavik Museum of Photography to the Reykjavik Maritime Museum.
- Plan a fun and festive night out with awine-bar excursion or pub crawl.