Along the coast about 23 miles (37 kilometers) from Rome is Zoomarine, a water/amusement park with swimming and surfing pools, water slides, roller coasters, and a marine zoo where seals, sea lions, dolphins, penguins, and birds of prey live. This enormous family-friendly attraction also features live shows with acrobatic high-divers and a 4D cinema.
The perfect day-trip from Rome, Zoomarine has myriad amusements and entertainment for the whole family. Learn about amazing underwater creatures in the different zoological areas of the park. With a VIP Gold Access entrance ticket, visitors may enjoy all of the attractions plus a shuttle bus from Rome, unlimited snacks, an all-you-can-eat buffet, reserved seats at shows, and fast entry to attractions.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for everyone, especially families with young children.
- Admission price for the day is about US$30 for adults and about US$24 for children; kids below 3.2 feet are welcomed for free.
- Remember swimwear and sun protection.Zoomarine is wheelchair accessible.xa0
- An on-site boutique sells swimsuits, flip flop, waterproof cameras, etc.
- The beach area provides locker rooms, toilets, and other services.
- No pets are allowed.
How to Get There
Zoomarine is located on Via dei Romagnoli in Torvaianica, Lazio, about a 50-minute drive southwest from Rome. Shuttle bus transfers leave from Rome Termini (central station) at 9:30am and leave the park at 6pm to return to the pick-up point. There is no public transportation that reaches the park.
When to Get There
Zoomarine is open late March until mid-September. Hours vary by attraction, with the entrance opening daily at 10am and closing between 5pm - 7pm. The most popular months are July and August; avoid the crowds by visiting in the spring.
Animal Friends Zoomarine has a plethora of animals living at the park, with several opportunities to watch majestic creatures work for their food. Special shows feature the talents and learned tricks of sea lions and dolphins as well as several birds of prey like eagles, hawks, and owls. Travelers preferring to observe nature in more natural situations will enjoy the ponds filled with birds, ducks and turtles. The best shows have humans perform dazzlingly acrobatic dives in a mini-stadium.
- Things to do in Lake Bracciano
- Things to do in Lake Bolsena
- Things to do in Assisi
- Things to do in Siena
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Capri
- Things to do in Pompeii
- Things to do in San Gimignano
- Things to do in Sorrento
- Things to do in Florence
- Things to do in Pisa
- Things to do in Bologna
- Things to do in Lazio
- Things to do in Umbria
- Things to do in Tuscany
- Cinecittà World
- Via Margutta
- Ancient Ostia (Ostia Antica)
- Castel Gandolfo
- Ciampino International Airport (CIA)
- Appian Way and Aurelian Walls (Via Appia Antica e Mure Aureliane)
- Piazzale Giuseppe Garibaldi
- Villa of the Quintilii (Villa dei Quintili)
- Circus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio)
- Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica di San Paolo Fuori le Mura)
- Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO)
- Aqueduct Park (Parco degli Acquedotti)
- Garbatella District (Quartiere Garbatella)