Massie Heritage Center
The city of Savannah has a rich history unlike anywhere else in the US, and the Massie Heritage Center is one of the best places to hear Savannah’s story. Learn why Oglethorpe designed Savannah in a large, square-laden grid, and hear Savannah’s maritime past or the history of its most famous buildings. Occasionally, the heritage center will hold special events, such as guided walking tours that showcase the city’s plantation or Civil War past, or the interactive Georgia History Festival that’s held each year in February. Located in Georgia’s oldest public school building, the Massie Heritage Center is filled with numerous hands on and interactive activities, so visitors of all ages can bring the past of this colonial city to life. With its wood cupola and gabled roof, the building is a classic site in itself and indicative of colonial architecture, and the center is considered a “must-stop” spot for learning the history of Savannah.
What are Massie Heritage Center hours of operation?
What's the best way to experience Massie Heritage Center?
Things to do near Savannah
- Things to do in Georgia
- Things to do in Charleston
- Things to do in Jacksonville
- Things to do in St Augustine
- Things to do in Myrtle Beach
- Things to do in Daytona Beach
- Things to do in Greenville
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in South Carolina
- Things to do in North Carolina