An unusual museum 30 feet (nine meters) beneath Fort Canning Hill, the secretive British military fort known as Battlebox once played an important role in Singapore’s history. Used by the Malaya Command to defend Singapore during World War II, the bunker was where Lieutenant-General Arthur Percival ultimately surrendered Singapore to the Japanese, marking the decline of the British Empire. Today, the cavernous space is filled with lifelike wax mannequins and antique photos and video clips that depict what it was like to live and strategize within the gray, 29-room labyrinth during the final days of the war.
What are Battlebox hours of operation?
Should I book Battlebox tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Battlebox 2020?
What's the best way to experience Battlebox?
- Go Singapore Explorer City Pass: Choose 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 Attractions
- Go Singapore All-Inclusive City Pass with 35+ Attractions
- Singapore Battlebox and Fort Canning Hill Tour
- Admission Ticket to Battlebox Museum in Singapore
Things to do near Singapore
- Things to do in Sentosa Island
- Things to do in Pulau Ubin
- Things to do in Malaysia
- Things to do in Thailand
- Things to do in Johor Bahru
- Things to do in Melaka
- Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Things to do in Petaling Jaya
- Things to do in Tanah Rata
- Things to do in Johor
- Things to do in Pahang
- Things to do in Perak
- Things to do in Kedah
- Things to do in Sumatra
- Things to do in Southern Thailand and Andaman Coast