Top South West Ireland Historical Tours
109 results | All South West Ireland Tours
* A traveler said: "enjoyed this tour. I think they made quite a few stops which was nice to get out and stretch / take photos.Paul our driver seemed very passionate about the history and stories around the Ring of Kerry and I appreciated his effort to keep the guests on the bus engaged. Overall it was a good tour and very beautiful."
* A traveler said: "Fun and relaxed we met my brother and kids there. So much to do. Very pretty surroundings and great play areas"
* A traveler said: "We met on time at the tourist office and headed off for an irish coffee learning about Cork on the way. We then headed to the magnificent English market to sample wine, cheese and seafood. The oysters and smoked salmon were delicious. This was followed by chowder, chocolate and stout at the bodega. Frances was a very attentive tour guide and we didnt need to eat til much later in the day! Enjoyed by allowing"
* A traveler said: "Michael was a fantastic guide..knowledgeable and witty. We had a great time! The park was stunning and we got beautiful photos."
* A traveler said: "This was an interesting tour and my husband enjoyed it more than I. I felt that the guide who is an authority on the Titanic did give us interesting information but he also spent a lot of time telling us about the books he wrote, where he was asked to speak and so forth."
* A traveler said: "Very enjoyable experience would highly recommend. Perfect way to see all the views. I even managed to get engaged on the journey which was a plus!"
* A traveler said: "I went to the ring of Kerry because of the bad weather still our guide Dj was funny, on time and great at history telling."
* A traveler said: "all the heritage buildings and the wonderful history of the city the tour was wonderful and amazing the driver was very friendly the experience was like no other and it is something i would highly recommended and would definitley do again"
* A traveler said: "We had an excellent private tour with Peter on 8/23! My friend and I were visiting from California and decided to splurge on a private tour so that we could skip the mega bus during Covid. We also wanted to go to the Kerry Cliffs, which the bus cannot get to...It was SO worth every penny! Peter was just so informative on so many things. I didn't want to just see the sights, but also wanted background info and special knowledge on what we were seeing and Peter had all of that in spades. By doing the Ring of Kerry in the opposite direction than the Mega Buses go, we were able to avoid lots of the crowds. We were blessed with gorgeous weather and when we got to the Kerry Cliffs we were in awe - I can't believe how many people miss them entirely when they visit. It was just breathtaking. Peter always checked in with us and made sure if we wanted a coffee or lunch that we were taken care of...I really trusted him on the drive as well which takes a good level of driving skill. We cannot recommend Peter and this tour enough! We came back to CA still dreaming of everything that we saw that day - just magical!"
* A traveler said: "Very satisfied with this tour. Excellent driver and guide providing some very good information about the visited places. Lot of different places visited. Everything was very well organised."
* A traveler said: "Interesting walk around cobh learning about the history of the area and it’s involvement in Irish freedom. Told by a very enthusiastic and interesting Kieran. Nice way to spend a cupla uair an chloig."
* A traveler said: "Rory was a awesome tour guide. Very professional, on time, helpful with dinner reservations. We felt we would call upon him again, and again. The van was very CLEAN!, Covid-19 friendly, and knew the area. Thank you Rory!"
* A traveler said: "We had a very pleasant morning discovering new local gems from Ollie. Nice leisurely pace for elderly."
* A traveler said: "Beautiful views, friendly staff, excellent guide, I will definitely recommend it to my friends and family"
* A traveler said: "Schavonne was fun, informative, and we lived her pony Mickey Mouse. We couldn’t have asked for a better guide in the beautiful mountains and valley!"
* A traveler said: "Cliffs are very beautiful. Our driver, D J made the trip fun and enjoyable and also very informative."
* A traveler said: "The walk is about 7 miles of fantastic views and a feeling of getting back to nature, the gap is such an idealic place, everyone should visit once to take in the atmosphere of this wonderful place x you can also use a jaunting car from the beginning of the gap. There is parking at the beginning of the gap at Kate Kearneys house. Brilliant day out."
* A traveler said: "Very interesting exhibits set in a beautiful victorian building with high ceilings. Staff were lovely and there was plenty of hand sanitizer around and the bathroom was immaculate."
* A traveler said: "A wonderful time! Molly (the horse) was a sweetheart and our guide was great as well! We would do this again in a heartbeat and you’ll have a lovely time!"
* A traveler said: "Excellent tour with very knowledgeable tour guides and the Kerry humour to match. Highly recommended and great value. Very professional and efficient."
* A traveler said: "Best decision to book this tour. We did not want to drive ourselves around the Ring of Kerry, nor did we want to go on one of those large coach buses. Our guide, Mary, was wonderful. She picked us up at our BnB and we started our 8 hour journey. She provided so much history and content which was really helpful to better understand Irish history. We went to the Kerry Cliffs and could also see Skelling Michael (the large coach buses do not go there). We were dropped back at our BnB after a fabulous day. We highly recommend seeing the Ring of Kerry this way."
* A traveler said: "Billy arrived on time and dressed professionally. He answered all our questions as we made our circuit with stops at all the points on our list as well as many others. He has a wealth of information about each site and was a joy with whom to travel. Having Billy drive and guide us made this landmark come alive in the most delightful way"
* A traveler said: "The ride was great, with excellent views as the weather mostly cooperated. The driver was entertaining, enthusiastic, and informative. We were blessed to ride in a smaller tour bus that maneuvered the narrow roads well and made stop-offs easier."
Frequently Asked Questions
- Stone Circle
- Cork St. Anne's Church
- Drombeg Stone Circle (Druid's Altar)
- Gallarus Oratory
- Derrynane Beach
- Bishop's Palace
- Derrynane House
- Cromwell's Bridge
- Valentia Slate Quarry
- Slea Head
- Cork English Market
- Ballycarbery Castle
- Ladies View
- Titanic Experience Cobh
- GPA Bolton Library
- Treaty Stone
- Torc Waterfall
- Skellig Experience
- Rock of Cashel
- Leacanabuaile Fort
- Things to do in Killarney
- Things to do in Kenmare
- Things to do in Cork
- Things to do in Shannon
- Things to do in Limerick
- Things to do in Ring of Kerry
- Things to do in Cobh
- Things to do in Western Ireland
- Things to do in West Midlands
- Things to do in South West England
- Things to do in Dingle
- Things to do in Galway
- Things to do in North West England
- Things to do in Yorkshire
- Things to do in North East England