With stunning scenery, sun-kissed beaches, and unforgettable sunsets, St. Lucia is made for romance. Whether you want to bliss out or embark on an adventure for two, here are a few ideas for any couples planning a romantic getaway to this showstopping Caribbean island.
Cas en Bas Beach
Rodney Bay, St Lucia
Locals and tourists alike enjoy relaxing by the crystal-clear sea waters of this secluded beach, and trying fresh seafood at one of the many open-air beachfront eateries nearby. Travelers may decide to explore the sandy beach along this pretty, rugged stretch of coastline on horseback. Nature trails wind through tropical forests, ending at the beach and warm Atlantic waters.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Suitable for all beach-loving travelers and horse riders of all skill levels.
- Remember sun protection, swimwear, and a towel.
- If it’s raining or the trails are muddy, horseback tours use paved roads.
- There is a place to change from horse-riding clothing to swimwear.
- Kitesurfing St. Lucia offers lessons for all experience levels right off the beach.
- If you're part of a tour, round-trip hotel transport may be included. Check specific tours for details.
How to Get There
Cas en Bas Beach is 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) northeast of Rodney Bay at the north end of the island. If you’re driving, take the Castries-Gros Islet Highway to Cas en Bas Road just north of Rodney Bay Marina.
When to Get There
Open daily year-around, the beach is less crowded in the mornings. St. Lucia is a year-round destination, but the more crowded dry season is from mid-December to March; it’s rainy during June and November.
Fish Cakes and the Rocket Booster While at Cas en Beach, stop by Marjorie's bar and restaurant, one of the best places on the island for food and hospitality. Enjoy homemade spiced rum, warm fish cakes, and the unique artifact outside: a mysterious spent rocket booster that washed ashore here after it was jettisoned by a spacecraft in flight.
- Things to do in Soufriere
- Things to do in Cap Estate
- Things to do in Castries
- Things to do in Rodney Bay
- Things to do in Gros Islet
- Things to do in St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Things to do in Antigua and Barbuda
- Things to do in Kingstown
- Things to do in St John's
- Things to do in Fajardo
- Things to do in Luquillo
- Things to do in Antigua
- Things to do in Caribbean Coast
- Things to do in Andes
- Things to do in Amazon